Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new victory cross country rolling around the Pacific Northwest now! I traded in my 2007 Honda VT1100 C for a 2014 xc 8 ball, with hard leather bags, highway bar, and a backrest for my wife.
It was hard to let my old honda go, we put over 30000 miles on the road together in the last two and a half years. It is amazing how many memories can be attached to a machine.
Anyway, here I am, Aeron, ready to learn and help others learn here in the Victory forum. I suppose I should go over to the Honda forum and deactivate my membership now.
That will have to wait until later though, there is a lot of road out there to cover on my new bike!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum , and to Victory !cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats on the new Vic, I'm sure she'll create quite a few New memories for you. thumb up

And welcome to the forum!

D.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
Welcome Aeron and where in the Northwet do you reside? A couple replies to our welcomes and you can post pics and more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the welcomes, and I can't agree more. No pictures, then it didnt happen!

Pictures are soon to follow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the dealership...this is what was waiting for me as I rolled up on my Honda Shadow Sabre...

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ahhh, that new bike smell. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the mayhem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
At the dealership...this is what was waiting for me as I rolled up on my Honda Shadow Sabre...
So don't take this the wrong way, but why does your XC 8 Ball have leather bags and chrome crash bars? :confused:

This leads me to believe that the bike may have been dropped before and that the original damaged parts were replaced with less expensive ones.

I could be way off here, but it seems odd.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, you are way off. lol. but no worries. The bike is brand new. The leather bags are something I saw on the wall, and liked them ALOT more than the stock bags. To me, it adds a bit more of a traditional look to it. I also put the chrome highway bars (hate the word crash bar) on it because I thought it would look better, and I LOVE it. The chrome bars seem to make the details of the bike pop a bit more too, like the cylinder heads. I also have the chrome back rest. I was going to chrome the pipes, but, I think that would be too much chrome.
So, no dropped bikes here!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yup, you are way off. lol. but no worries. The bike is brand new. The leather bags are something I saw on the wall, and liked them ALOT more than the stock bags. To me, it adds a bit more of a traditional look to it. I also put the chrome highway bars (hate the word crash bar) on it because I thought it would look better, and I LOVE it. The chrome bars seem to make the details of the bike pop a bit more too, like the cylinder heads. I also have the chrome back rest. I was going to chrome the pipes, but, I think that would be too much chrome.
So, no dropped bikes here!
Ok glad to hear that those mods were by choice and not because of some shady dealer.

As I previously mentioned, no offense meant. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am a Victory newbie as well, just picked up my 14 XR 8-Ball almost a month ago.
So far no complaints, the forum has been very helpful with tricks and feedback.
Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like it it's different. Lots of guys switch the soft bags for the hard bags. This the first xc I've seen with soft bags. They look good on your bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok glad to hear that those mods were by choice and not because of some shady dealer.

As I previously mentioned, no offense meant. Enjoy your new ride!
No offense taken, I just figured that most of us around here are just trying to help each other out.
The dealership is great. Skagit Valley Polaris/Kawasaki/Victory here in northwestern Washington. Their service and product knowledge is second to none. We are really fortunate up here in that we have these guys, and Skagit powersports just across the river from each other. Both joints are class acts.
Funny thing is that I hopped on a lot of bikes all over the northwest, and ended up, just on a whim, stopping in the Polaris dealer to see what they had. I was frustrated with not being able to find exactly what I wanted, but when I threw a leg over the xc, I was sold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts