Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flipping cold here in Massachusetts today.. took the bike out yesterday, didnt want to give it up..So my bright idea this morning was, lets ride into work..HAHAHA 20 degrees out not sure if that was smart, when i unthaw i will let you know.. keep on riding...thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Flipping cold here in Massachusetts today.. took the bike out yesterday, didnt want to give it up..So my bright idea this morning was, lets ride into work..HAHAHA 20 degrees out not sure if that was smart, when i unthaw i will let you know.. keep on riding...thumb up
Welcome to the forums and congrats on stepping to master your machine and the elements! Last year we had a couple 3 weeks of high teens and low 20's... Plenty of year round riders that ride that weather should you consider persuing the teens or single digits! While I didnt have the 20's to deal with today, I did have the 70% chance of thunderstorms and some pretty frisky winds to work with. The only bike in the parking lot this A.M... lol.. Lovin it! I will say on a side note, I wont start off in the rain but if it happens...

Safe riddin

Tim

·
12,970 Posts
After you buy a heated jacket http://gerbing.com/

Any one ridding in cold temps keep in mind your tires do not stick like normal. Cold dew wet pavement will be slick for stopping and cornering.

·
Registered
229 Posts
After you buy a heated jacket http://gerbing.com/

Any one ridding in cold temps keep in mind your tires do not stick like normal. Cold dew wet pavement will be slick for stopping and cornering.
Second that. Was out riding in Custer State Park today and even though it was in the 50s, I encountered areas where the sun didn't warm the pavement, and there was some ice where snow had melted across the road. Be careful out there especially in shaded areas where the sun doesn't melt the overnight frost. It can be slick. :(

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hear you, I almost had to zip my jacket all the way up yesterday when riding to work. Our highs are only getting up into the mid 70s.

:p

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts