Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bryan's 2011 XR

Today was a big day. This morning, the buyer for my Road Star Warrior picked up my bike. It was a bit sad to see her roll away out of my driveway for the last time :(

But, alas, the Warrior had to go to make room for the bike that I've wanted for the last two years. After I sold the Warrior, I took a pile of money over to Randy's Cycle in Marengo, IL and completed the deal. Tonight, the owner Randy braved the crappy and icy elements to deliver my bike safely to my garage. It was pretty treacherous out there and he could barely back up my driveway. But we were able to get it into the garage unscathed.

I'll be posting some nicer pics in the Show your CR thread when the weather clears up and I can pull her outside, but I took a few quick pics and a video tonight. Sorry the backdrop of my poorly insulated garage ruins some of the shots, but you get the idea. On to the pics!

Video:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats! thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,151 Posts
Excellent!!

I know what you mean about seeing the old one go but now it's time to look forward with your new XR.

By the way it's XR not CR. I know it doesn't make sense at first but since the X Country and X Roads are both Cross bikes it makes sense after a while. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bryman,

What is the switch under the speedo and bars??????

I see it says hi and low but I am confused. I say this cuz I have a switch there as well but mine is for my running lights but you do not have them.

CONGRATS by the waycheers

I will be getting floorboards and a back rest for momma soon.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bryman,

What is the switch under the speedo and bars??????

I see it says hi and low but I am confused. I say this cuz I have a switch there as well but mine is for my running lights but you do not have them.

CONGRATS by the waycheers

I will be getting floorboards and a back rest for momma soon.
Thanks bigseadaddy! That switch is for the heated grips. I hope my GF appreciates the floorboards and backrest. They weren't cheap!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congradulations Bryman! Too bad you can't get out and ride it now; maybe it's a good thing because you could end up doing what I did. I picked my bike up on a Thursday afternoon and had to take it back into the dealership on Monday morning because I had already gone 100 miles past the 500 mile service requirement.

Your GF will probably love the backrest and floorboards. They should make her feel more secure which will probably make her want to ride more.

I hope once the roads are clear you've got some leave saved up. Since you'll have some catching up to do you may not want to stop once you hit the roads.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks bigseadaddy! That switch is for the heated grips. I hope my GF appreciates the floorboards and backrest. They weren't cheap!
Hahaahhah now you got me thinking... I was wondering what I wanted to use my blank switch for.... heated grips.... yup thats the ticket!!!! thumb up

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daytime Pics

I just rolled her out of the garage and snapped some pics in the sun. Man, this is a nice bike :)

:D :D :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Congrats! She a beauty! I like the passenger floorboards! I need to get those for my girl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bryman, did Randy's Cycle give you a good deal? I plan on buying a XC from them as I've heard good things about them. Seem like nice people to deal with. The wife and I did the Fuel It demo back in August '10 and enjoyed the entire experience. I was just curious about any discounts on accessories and the bike itself. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Gongrats from the NW corner. No need to apologize for the background, it only serves to make you XR look all the more beautiful. I can not name a bike that has more beauty that the Cross bikes. Neat thing is, that beauty is way more than skin deep.

I too, had to sell a long time friend to make room for my XR - a Yamaha first generaration Venture we had for well over 10 years and the two of us had put tens of thousands of miles on her. One buys a motorcycle to make one (or two) happy and when someone else was riding her away from our house, a lot of happy memories were going with her. But now I have a fresh start, with a bike that's more to our liking and it doesn't have a choke lever to have to deal with. Ah, progress.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Outdoor pictures look great! You don't realize how much and how many colors of metalics are in the paint until the sun hits it.

The roads look clear enough to take a spin. I just got back from a Frosty Balls run the local HD dealership hosted. It was only about 80 miles round trip but the name was fitting. The temp was 25 degrees with 15 degree windchill. That was while you were sitting still in 9 MPH winds -- I'm scared to calculate what the windchill dropped the temp to while cruising at 70 MPH...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bryman, did Randy's Cycle give you a good deal? I plan on buying a XC from them as I've heard good things about them. Seem like nice people to deal with. The wife and I did the Fuel It demo back in August '10 and enjoyed the entire experience. I was just curious about any discounts on accessories and the bike itself. Thanks.
HundredDollars, yes I would highly recommend Randy's Cycle. I got a good chunk off the MSRP and nicely discounted accessories. They were also very fair with the labor, and as I said they delivered it to my home which is 45 minutes away. The owner brought it himself in treacherous conditions on a Saturday night after work!

They also took care of my special requests and matched prices I found on ebay for the passenger floorboards from the XC. The whole experience was great, and I'd do business again with them in a heartbeat. (/end endorsement) ;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Outdoor pictures look great! You don't realize how much and how many colors of metalics are in the paint until the sun hits it.

The roads look clear enough to take a spin. I just got back from a Frosty Balls run the local HD dealership hosted. It was only about 80 miles round trip but the name was fitting. The temp was 25 degrees with 15 degree windchill. That was while you were sitting still in 9 MPH winds -- I'm scared to calculate what the windchill dropped the temp to while cruising at 70 MPH...
Yah, I could have taken her out today, but I didn't have the heart to get her covered in salt. She's just too clean right now ;)

Hopefully we'll get a good rain to wash it away soon.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats Bryman! cheers

Sweet XR. I hope the weather improves real soon for you so you can enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hey bryman, if its not too nosey of me , around what kinda money for the passenger floorboards? You had to get the xc mounts correct? Just wondering, cause thats something i need to do sometime this year. Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice looking bike Bryan! I too picked up my XR from Randy's and can't say enough about them! Top notch folks that go out of their way to get you on a great bike!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey bryman, if its not too nosey of me , around what kinda money for the passenger floorboards? You had to get the xc mounts correct? Just wondering, cause thats something i need to do sometime this year. Thanks.
Don't mind at all. There is a dealer on Ebay that sells the kit with all the pieces you need for $340. Since it is not a packaged option, you would have to order all the little bits separately on your own. Randy matched the price, ordered them, and only charged me half an hour labor for the install. Keep in mind they were already doing stage 1 for me, and you need to take off the exhaust on the right side to do the floorboard install.

Edit - here's the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VICTORY-PASSENGER-FLOORBOARD-FLOORBOARDS-CROSS-ROADS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b46aaed0QQitemZ140465843920QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1391wt_939

1 - 20 of 39 Posts