56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet ride Whitie... no more Harleys?
Thx, and no, and I'm not happy about it. :mad:
... but as long as H/D continues to "underengineer" their junk, I won't be back any time soon!
With that being said, I LOVE my XC... just wish Harley would build anything that could even hold a candle... AND THEY DO NOT! As Metallica once proudly said... SAD BUT TRUE!!! :ltr:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thinking about a 21" up front whitie?thumb up
How much does that shading dim your tail lites??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cant you just use this???

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/VHT-Shades-Cover-Black-Coating/dp/tags-on-product/B00290CBGA[/ame]

I used this on my truck, and it has held up great over the past few years. All you have to do is clean the lens, use 100 grit wet sand, clean again then spray. I only did 2 coats on my truck and they are not too dark

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinking about a 21" up front whitie?thumb up
How much does that shading dim your tail lites??
Yep, The 21" is in next year's Batman budget... and the lights got a fair amount darker, but I went w/2 coats. You can still see them fine, they're just not blindingly bright like the stock LED's look! :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you who have Apes on your CC, did you install them yourselves or have the dealer do it? I recently purchased some along with the extended cables, grips, etc.... Armed with my service manual, I'm tempted to give it a go, but wanted to hear from the forum in whats people are more commonly doing. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Holy Bagger bike Batman that thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow, I am not a big bagger fan, but this bike makes me want one! It looks gangsta tuff.

What apes did you use? Did you build or buy? Also, did you notice anything negative with handling because of the lowering kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts