Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No posts. Just curious to see if anyone has bought or is considering buying one. There are two at my local dealer and they've been on the floor for months.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
No posts. Just curious to see if anyone has bought or is considering buying one. There are two at my local dealer and they've been on the floor for months.
Personally I'm waiting for Nikola Tesla's wireless power grid to become reality then I'll get an electric bike to hook on to it..................... :nerd

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Seamless power without pesky recharges, way to go PaiN

·
Registered
781 Posts
Neat bike in it's own way. Hope whoever buys them loves them, too.

Does it use a charging system/ connection that is "readily" available----- to the extent that charging stations are readily available?

I see a shitload of Tesla cars here in our area- only because we happen to have a charging area for them right up the street. I have no facts- but the Tesla charging stations are all labeled as such- so it seems implied that nothing else can hook up to it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neat bike in it's own way. Hope whoever buys them loves them, too.

Does it use a charging system/ connection that is "readily" available----- to the extent that charging stations are readily available?

I see a shitload of Tesla cars here in our area- only because we happen to have a charging area for them right up the street. I have no facts- but the Tesla charging stations are all labeled as such- so it seems implied that nothing else can hook up to it.
Tesla's supercharging stations are for Teslas as their cars have a proprietary plug.

The TT has a standard 240V J2EE connector and a standard 120V plug. So, depending on your area, there's either a lot of J2EE infrastructure or not much. Here in the Bay Area, there are more J2EE charging stations now than gas stations (although the sheer number of gas pumps is larger as each gas station has more than six pumps, usually). The J2EE infrastructure is important as the charging times are much faster than standard 120V.

If you include standard wall outlets as part of the charging infrastructure for the TT, well then there's a great deal more than all of the gas pumps combined but the time to charge on 120V is punitive.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I wasn't talking about "those" Teslas...geez, kids these days :wink

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I know you weren't Pain. Ya crumudgeon. :wink
crumudgeon?.....................Googles!

curmudgeon
kəːˈmʌdʒ(ə)n/
noun
noun: curmudgeon; plural noun: curmudgeons

a bad-tempered or surly person.
synonyms: bad-tempered person; crank;
informalcrosspatch, sourpuss, old trout;
informala bear with a sore head;
informalkvetch, sorehead

·
Registered
781 Posts
crumudgeon?.....................Googles!

curmudgeon
kəːˈmʌdʒ(ə)n/
noun
noun: curmudgeon; plural noun: curmudgeons

a bad-tempered or surly person.
synonyms: bad-tempered person; crank;
informalcrosspatch, sourpuss, old trout;
informala bear with a sore head;
informalkvetch, sorehead

haha.. Whatever. you too. :laugh No spell check apparently..

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I just saw one at the Daytona dealership marked down to $9,999! I was real tempted but Rhinehart doesn't have any exhaust for it.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Ferris Bueller....

·
Registered
374 Posts
A coworker called a few weeks ago. Both TT's have been sold.
Thanks for the info, I had a feeling that was why.
Prices are coming down on them but not close to that, seeing them for 7-8k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts