Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
That lip at the edge of the windshield looks awesome. Adds to the good looks of the XC. Great choice - based on looks alone. Now if it reduces buffeting too, then you're a winner, my friend. Ride safely.

·
Registered
289 Posts
howdy

i have their standard 2 inch flip and it's just right for me...looks great adn it is entertaining to see the bugs hit the wind stream then...pop up and over...still get a snack or two on the determined (hard) ones...all in all seems a good shield to me.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Well heck Diamond! I guess I missed the thread where you got a nice Cross Country! I thought you just had the JP.

Yep. The recurve shields do make a difference. Not to say the standard shields aren't good because they are. I used a recurve on my dresser for a while and one day when moving it; it got away from me and the shield hit the work bench and broke so I put the Memphis Shades shield I had on there before that and it worked just fine.

Glad you like it and nice red XC!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOPS Sorry guys. I'm visiting my Mom in Portland, OR for her 81st Bday and doing some fast moderating. This is actually a post from CC Victory. He posted in the wrong forum and asked me to move it. I could not move it so I copy and pasted not remembering it would show up under my name!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I usually just click on "Active Topics" to see what anyone is posting about recently.

Wow! 81! Don't tell her but those are the numbers for the Hells Angels. (H is the 8th letter in the alphabet and A is obviously 1)

You must be a little past the spring chicken part of your life now too, Diamond, if your mom is 81. Please give her our best wishes and wish her a happy B-Day from us too!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'll be 50 in April. Funny was are gifted with good genes.

Everyone thinks my Mom is in her 60's.

Funny thing is she still doesn't know I have a motorcycle and my bike is named after her, Porti! LOL

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Yeah I'll be 50 in April. Funny was are gifted with good genes.

Everyone thinks my Mom is in her 60's.

Funny thing is she still doesn't know I have a motorcycle and my bike is named after her, Porti! LOL
What's her number? I'll call and tell her about her illegitimate grandson that's really a motorcycle named after her. :D That oughta make her day, eh?!

She'll probably say: "Son; what is this stupid man talking about? A Porti-Cycle?"

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Buffeting ELIMINATED!

All right, maybe not 100%, but right around 90-95%.
I had the pleasure today to go to Gustafsson Plastics Inc. in St Augustine, Fl. They let me try one of their Euroflip shields (11"). I currently run a Cee Bailey 11" shield. What a world of difference that little flip makes!! I wanted a shield that I could see over, thus the reason for the 11" but the Cee Bailey still caused buffeting for me because the wind hit my full face helmet right above the closed shield.
The Euroflip 11" moved the airflow to the very top of my helmet.
So I decided that I wanted it just slightly taller (so I could still see over it) and ordered a 11.5". Leif Gustafsson said it'd take about an hour to make and would I mind waiting...ummm Ok.
I got to watch John rough cut the acrylic, finish it to their CC windscreen form, buff the edges, and place it in the oven. Once properly heated, he pulled it out, placed it on their template and formed it to the finished template. Slick!
The finished product (in clear) worked even better than I hoped, air flow goes over my helmet, I can still see over it while leaning back on the backrest, and I can hear the radio!!
So two thumbs up for a great product, and if you live in the Northern Florida area, drop in and try 'em out. The rest of you will just need to call. And by the way, it's a two man shop, so don't be discouraged if no one answers the phone...they'll get back to you quickly.
btw, I'm 6', 200lbs, 32" inseam and run the Victory lowers.
www.bikescreen.com
CCvictory thumb up

(Somewhere between Diamond and I we messed this thread up...so I was asked to start it over...)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's her number? I'll call and tell her about her illegitimate grandson that's really a motorcycle named after her. :D That oughta make her day, eh?!

She'll probably say: "Son; what is this stupid man talking about? A Porti-Cycle?"

She has seen Pics of Porti from 3 years ago when I first started moddifying her. I told my mom then that I named the bike Porti. Funny thing is the subject of the bike came up yesterday. I showed her and family members the most recent pics.

I'm sure she knows I have the bike but its one of those don't ask type of things.thumb up

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Update...

Some observations from running this windscreen:

I can now ride with my full face helmet with the shield up (always had to put it down over 50 mph because of wind)

I now seem to have a slight backdraft (my tshirt blows forward where before it just blew all over)

I can now hear the radio all the time (before always seemed to be how the wind was blowing across the bike)

My MPG seems to be up a little...might of been a tailwind (time will tell)

I don't have to wear ear plugs to eliminate the windslap on the helmet

This machine has become what I was originally looking for...a true long distance cruiser.

·
12,984 Posts
Buffeting ELIMINATED!

I had a flip windshield on my last harley and loved it. Now I see
Gustafsson Plastics Inc makes one for a vision I am ordering one.
There a little spendy for a piece of plastic but I am sure I wouldn't mind when the wind is going over me.thumb up

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the 13" Cee Bailey windscreen and it helped with the buffeting but it didn't eliminate it so I decided to add lowers. I didn't want to spend $300 for the Victory lowers so using the lowers template that's floating around on the webs, I used a Memphis Shades mount and had two 1/4 inch Lexan lowers cut and sanded by a local plastics company. Total cost? $55 shipped for the mounts and $27 for the cut/sanded lowers. The install took me about an hour (had to drill holes, so measure three times, test fit, etc.). The buffeting is eliminated! Best $82 I've spent on the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CCVictory I'm 5'9" inseam 30 do you think this windshield would work for me. I live in Ma. How would I go about getting one made and can you tell me the approximate cost? Do you think I would still need the lower wind deflectors?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jagular I have a 2010 CC and would like to make up the lowers as you did. I think $300.00 is crazy. Can you tell me the part # you ordered from Memphis Shades and do you still have the template for the plastic lowers?

Thanks Dennischeers

·
Registered
566 Posts
Jagular I have a 2010 CC and would like to make up the lowers as you did. I think $300.00 is crazy. Can you tell me the part # you ordered from Memphis Shades and do you still have the template for the plastic lowers?

Thanks
Sure. The part number is MEM9890. I bought mine from Powersport Superstore for $53 shipped (there was a 5% off coupon available online, too).

For the template, just do a search for template in the section and you'll find it. It's in a PDF.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
CCVictory I'm 5'9" inseam 30 do you think this windshield would work for me. I live in Ma. How would I go about getting one made and can you tell me the approximate cost? Do you think I would still need the lower wind deflectors?

Thanks for your help.
Dmello, the approx cost is $190 plus shipping. I recommend the clear in an 11" model. Their light smoke model seemed a little dark to me, especially for night riding.
I also highly recommend the lowers, whether it's the Victory ones or the homegrown ones listed in this thread.
I believe that Victory did such a good job on the CC fairing that it punches a hole in the air, leaving a low pressure area right behind it, and then all the air from above and below rushes in to fill it. So the combination of taller shield and lowers re-routes the airflow enough to not be distracting to the rider. JMO.
Just give 'em a call, they'll make one for you.
http://www.bikescreen.com/proddetail.asp?prod=zzLuisFloresVictoryCrossCountryEuroflip

CCvictory

1 - 20 of 21 Posts