Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HJP here. New to the forum and to Victory. Just got a 2011 Cross Country. I'm having major buffeting problems. Some say get a Klock Werks windshield 3" taller and with a flip. Some say get a set of lower wind deflectors plastic type like on Witchdoctor website. There are several brands for these two things so brand recommendation will help. Some say a set of soft lowers will fix the problem. I would appreciate some direction as I can't afford to buy a lot of stuff that does not work and then I can't return it.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Yep, the XCs have buffeting issues.
The right windscreen is important, the right one will depend a lot on your height. The major problem area is the "dirty" air coming under the fairing and around the tank. Again there are a million solutions out there from a set of Tour hard lowers to fork mounted fairings to home-made buffers like I use. Read, ask and good luck in your search.
Here's what I've done, along with a Guffuson 12" Euroflip Windshield(I'm 6' tall), it works very well and is flexible for different riding conditions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do a little research on the site here and you'll find a wide variety and/or combinations of those you listed.

For me soft lowers and a 10" windvest eliminated most but not all of it. I'm contemplating both WD lowers and a taller windscreen once the bank account recovers from Christmas.

Good luck on your quest!

·
12,970 Posts
tell use how tall is your windshield now. Measure straight up the middle

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Vindex also found a good inexpensive way to handle this. See THIS THREAD.

Something that worked for me personally because I too have an 11 XC with the forged crash bars is the JTD Lowers for them. Matched up with Madstad brackets; buffeting has been a thing of long lost past for many years now. :) With the Madstad brackets you can buy one of their windshields or use one from someone else as long as they are the 4 bolt style.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told it is the stock windshield. 9" measured in the center. And I'm 6 foot 3 inches tall.

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
I was told it is the stock windshield. 9" measured in the center. And I'm 6 foot 3 inches tall.
I'm also 6'3" and the wind deflectors noted above along with the Wind Vest 11" shield and no more buffeting. Nada, zip, zero.

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
Yep. That's the stock shield for an 11 XC. The Tour model didn't come out till the following year (12).

At 5' 10" I found the 13" shield (measured the same way) to be just about right for me. I think the same size shield with a curve at the top would work for you. No way to know for sure until you ride one with it on. That's why I like the Madstad system so much. It's soooo adjustable.

Like when I dropped the back end 1" a while back. Instead of having to buy a new shield I just made a slight adjustment to the Madstad attached shield and all was good.

It's literally (not figuratively) the next best thing to an electric shield. (One that goes up and down with a push of a button)

Note: if you do plan on getting the Madstad brackets at some point; don't buy a recurve shield. They work against the idea of having the ability to adjust the shield and look through them as needed. The curve at the top is not meant to be looked through. Just a heads up. :D Yep. That was a pun. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts