Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the mini standard for my jackpot and the buffeting is ridiculous. I hate it. I've tried raising it lowering and nothing. Is there anything I can do to help or eliminate this? Oh by the way I should have gone with my first instinct and just gotten the MRA windscreen.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
No more buffeting!

I don't have a Jackpot. I got the CrossRoads and it had the Victory clear factory short shield. I had buffeting, I installed the lowers and yes it did help. I put up the with the buffeting at high speed until recently. Bike has over 14K on it now. I treated myself to the MRA windshield with the little spoiler on the top front and it is tented. I got it for myself for a Christmas present from myself and my wife. It actually came in the mail before Christmas. It does not offer as much coverage as the stock Victory windshield, but I like it soooooo much better, no buffeting for me and I personally think it looks better. Bike feels sportier also. Wish I would have known of these MRAs before bought the stock Victory windshield. I feel like I wasted a lot of money on the factory windshield and I was never truely happy with it.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I treated myself to the MRA windshield with the little spoiler on the top front and it is tented. I got it for myself for a Christmas present from myself and my wife. It actually came in the mail before Christmas. It does not offer as much coverage as the stock Victory windshield, but I like it soooooo much better, no buffeting for me and I personally think it looks better.
Sweet.

So I went to (what I think is) their website here:

http://www.motorcyclewindshield.com/victory.html

I see several selections for the steel frame bikes. Did they make something special for you or did you buy and try one of the shields for another bike?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fellas, one of my other bikes us a Triumph 1050 Tiger, and they also are notorious for buffeting above 60 mph. I carefully read the Tiger forums, and everyone said go to California Scientific, or use the "CalSci" windscreen. Wow, what a difference! I was told they make a Victory shield as well. Came with all necessary hardware, fits better than stock, and most important, didn't take away from the Tigers sexy lines. Check em out !cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I know I'm late, but how can this be? I've heard so many people swear the forged bars on the XC cause buffeting. But here we have a Steel frame bike with buffeting? Oh, could it be that wind management needs protection from below too?

Total sarcasm folks. I understand exactly why we have buffeting and knew what I was getting into when I bought my XC. I'm glad you got some good suggestions here and not just my silliness.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts