Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put a Memphis shades windshield on my bike last year. I was riding with a tee shirt with cigs in the front pocket. The first time I took it out after installing the windshield, the buffeting from below was so bad the pack of cigs flew out of my pocket. Have since added the lowers from the same company and no more problems. The Memphis shade lowers are much more reasonably priced that the Vics. They look really nice as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a KP Tour, with the large windshield and lowers. I agree here, the lowers make all the difference. They cut about 90% of the wind that would otherwise come up under the windshield. It makes riding, at any speed, much more pleasant.

I ride my KP Tour at 80 all the time with only minor buffeting.

I'm certain that will work for you as well.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The other thing that should be discussed is windshield height.
I was was told several things regarding height when I was shopping for a windshield. The rule of thumb that I came to follow (according to those in the shops that I trust) is that when you are riding and looking straight ahead the top of the windshield should be equal with an area just above the tip of you nose but below the level of your eyes. The intent is that you are looking over the windshield during normal driving. This is in case you hit fog, rain, condensation or anything else that might obscure the windshield you can still see. Conversely, if you hit rain, sand/dust, or anything else in your path you can easily duck below the windshield. I bring this up because the height of the windshield will definately factor into buffeting. Try ( if you have the option) raising or lower the windshield an inch or two and see what becomes of the buffeting. Best of luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
buffeting

When I test rode my 07 KPT I was wearing a full face helmet and had the same problem, when I was finished with the ride I explained what I was feeling with the dealer, he said open the face shield just a tad. Ill be dammed it worked no more buffeting, when I use a half helmet no buffeting at all 50-100mph. I dont understand what the helmet has to do with it but it works for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.