Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read SO MUCH about buffeting on the XC and never understood it. Last weekend at Lil Sturgis we were talkin and a lot of guys were sayin the same thing, that the buffeting was so bad that at some times they couldn't see. After we talked for a while, their response was "you must ride with your knees against the tank" which I never thought about, but it is exactly how I ride. On the way home I moved my knees as far away from the tank as I could, and HOLY COW!!! the wind was crazy. Stop spending so much money on farkles and put your knees against the tank when you ride, you'll be surprised. BTW my bike is not a "tour" and I have the forged engine guards and stock shield.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Holding my legs to the tank is not comfortable for me, so it was money well spent to put lowers on
^^^+1.

Straddling the tank might work for a 15 minute ride to work, but not on a 5 hour weekend cruise or Cross Country (see what I did there? :D) adventure.

D.

·
Registered
105 Posts
JTD lowers. Without them over 60 sucked.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Those are pretty good for the money , but do nothing to prevent or cure the buffeting .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I added the hard lowers 2 weeks ago . Even with my blade screen I have on there now (not pictured) I still have no buffeting and plenty of fresh air in the many high 90's days we have been having .
IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

Reactions: OkieHoss

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mags, you gotta get those lowers flamed to match up. Nice LED headlight

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks K , I been meaning to call Goody for pricing on flaming them , I think it will look amazing with flames on it .... LED headlight is the bomb , I love it .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If I do get them flamed it will be over the winter ....;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now that you have the Tour lowers what are you going to do with your Goody lowers?? :D
Let me know if your interested in moving them.
Jim

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Now that you have the Tour lowers what are you going to do with your Goody lowers?? :D
Let me know if your interested in moving them.
Jim
I am , they are yours if you want them . Just need a sand and paint . I have all the hardware and some spare hardware too , all in mint condition .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ooops , yours is the same as mine , no paint necessary !:ltr:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Exactly! Let's make a deal Mags - let me know what you're thinkin' for a price. I'll definitely take them.

I'll plan on riding to you so no need to ship. I'd really like to go the route you did but that's a little too much scratch after just buying the bike - maybe down the road.

Jimcheers

·
13,262 Posts
Is wind buffeting just part of riding. There just might not be a way to eliminate it and you just have to put up with it.
Are you expecting a windless ride like being in a covetable. Not going to happen. I dough Vic ever did and wind tunnel testing.
Be thankful you have a fairing to block most of it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the wind in my face , that's why I run the Magnum blade screen . Now that I have the Vic lowers on , using the blade screen is great , buffeting is much different then wind . My buffeting caused my glasses to bounce up and down rapidly on my face and you can literally feel your eyballs shaking ! NOT FUN !

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
buffeting and wind are not the same thing, a fairingless bike gets wind, fairing seems to create turbulance(buffeting) riding a bike without a shield/fairing is better the riding one with buffeting

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks neat , functional means everything !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts