Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Stickers.

Honestly I don't even try because everything out there that I'm aware of will end up making the buffed spot shinier than the surrounding paint. It's an unfortunate side effect of matte paint. My aprilia is matte black and as much as it pains me to see scratches in the paint, getting rid of them is not worth the shiny spot which would be far more noticeable.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I use 3m ultra fine buffing compound , rub gently just till the blemish fades ... Then I sprinkle baby powder on my micro fiber cloth and rub it in . Shine gone even after washing . Works on my silver finish like a champ .

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I use 3m ultra fine buffing compound , rub gently just till the blemish fades ... Then I sprinkle baby powder on my micro fiber cloth and rub it in . Shine gone even after washing . Works on my silver finish like a champ .
Ha ha ha now that is soo cool ....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't buff, sand, or touch flat black. You will rub shiney spots in and there is no trick to getting it out. You just have to rub the entire thing down to be uniform.
Consider them as character to the bike, and just learn to live with it :) Which is why Victory puts warning stickers on flat finish bikes now (at least the cross country I saw at my dealer had a sticker on the gas tank about it)

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's evil. You are wrong and not right!:devil

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey , it works for me , and I am very anal bout my chit ... Maybe it won't work on black , my scoot is silver , hell , my bike doesn't even show dirt unless it's filthy .....

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
My 2012 hammer is mat orange and mat black.

Yeah I agree with soofle616- you cant get one scratch out- you either rub down the entire tank, which then means you then prolly need to do both fenders too to get them to match the same, or just live with it.

Fortunately I only have one very small scratch where my boot clipped the rear fender when legging over years ago, and luckily its on black and much harder to notice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts