Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, until 2 weeks ago I had not been on the forum for a while. IIRC back in 2014 a company (Bulldog?) made an ignition switch replacement that gave you a key fob to keep in you pocket in order to start the bike. Does this monster still exist? Was it found to be defective or something? I thought they were a sponsor... or is my short bus riding, inner window licker showing? :nerd

·
Registered
314 Posts
Don't know about bulldog, I have the Digital Guard Dawg system and it works great. Easy to install as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I needed! Thanks for providing the name. I couldn't find it..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Victory makes one thats plug and play.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I recently bought a Digital Guard Dog Victory touring bike specific model for my XCT. It works great so far. I installed it myself and it was easy to do but did require removal of front of fairing, seat, and tank in order to run all the wires. It also required some wired cutting and soldering. Not quite plug and play since a couple of wires had to be cut and soldered but still pretty easy to install.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've been running the Digital Guard Dog for about four years now and no issues. With two fobs, it's a little over $100 less than the Vic one. Install was pretty easy, but the Vic one may be a little easier since it's designed for their bikes.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The OEM is expensive but no issues with it. Took only about 15 mins to install.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Don't get the Victory unit unless you really want an alarm. If all you want is a keyless igintion system then get the Guard Dawg unit.

I've used both and if I had my time again I would have gone back to the Digital Guard Dawg unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts