Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads-up – A Vic dealer was spinnin’ a yellow battery that was being pimped as better, longer warranty and cheaper than the OEM. It has a Jacksonville address on the side of the battery so I said WTF. Got home and it didn’t fit without bending the mounting bracket. Hit the switch and no power - I thought I fried something – began checking fuses. After an hour of elimination there was a short in the terminal whereas it would not power up without wiggling the ground. Furthermore, on the bottom of the box, it was made in China. I exchanged it for a “lesser quality” made in the USA and I am good to go.

Just beware. This is totally my fault for not checking the country of origin. Vic dealers are not created equal.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Return that crap! If the dealer won't take it talk to the owner.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm too poor to be cheap.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
There are dry batteries coming out that fit our bikes that do look promising. Supposedly lasts longer and don't need recharging for up to a year plus have more amperage to spin the starter.

I'll be looking into one of these when the time comes for a new battery but hopefully it will be a couple more years so these new batteries have more time to prove themselves - so to speak.

Here's one example

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBob - i think you're right. When one of my batteries get weak, I'll try one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts