Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. Just a few lines about myself. I worked as a plastic injection mold tool maker and an Electro Mechanical Tech ( 30 yrs total ) Retired in 1998. I have been riding since the mid 50s. I wish I had some of the bikes that I owned ( several Indians, a Vincent Black Shadow, Harleys, a BSA, an Ariel ). In 2009 I traded my Honda Shadow in for a 2009 Yamaha 950T. I rode it for 36000 trouble free miles and traded it in for a Victory Cross Country. Hopefully, this bike will be trouble free as well. I have been reading this forum for several weeks now, and I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful members on it.......Burnzee...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice choice on bikecheers

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome Burnzee. I see you were once an Indian rider. Polaris, the folks who make Victories, recently bought out Indian and expect to introduce a whole new generation of them this summer. They have already shown the engine they will be using in them. From what I have read, the design team even took out lots of the old Indians to get a feel for what is an Indian really. Maybe they will be true to the traditions of Indian and produce a truly memorable bike. When I was quite young, a person I worked with in the 60s rode an Indian to work daily and I loved to look at that bike. I think he called it a square four but I am probably off base on that. At the time I was riding a no name 125cc Japanese bike called an Omega.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old Man 47

Hi Old Man....Indian did make a four cylinder engine but it was in the 30s. I believe the square four engine was the Aerial square four. I still have an Aerial, but it is a 1958 Aerial 650. You are right about the Indians being a memorable bike. I have attached a link to the new Indian engine and factory
......Burnzee....................................................................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts