Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been covered a gajillion times, but as I’m new here, recently acquired my first Victory, a 2010 Vegas, I need recommendations for a seat you can ride on for more than an hour.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,769 Posts
Join Facebook groups. Used seats come up all the time. A Vegas Corbin up for sale earlier this weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t mind paying for a new seat, I just want to know which is the best al day rider seat for my Vegas. Corbin, drag specialties, Mustang? My butt thanks you in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
The stock Vegas and Kingpin seats really are the worst. I like the Mustang seats but I was able to get an accessory leather seat with flames stitched in from Victory that works pretty well for me. I just checked ebay and found one. I will say seats are so subjective. Not all butt's are made the same so one size seats generally feel different from person to person. The Vegas really isn't an all day touring type bike although some Iron Butt's have done it I'm sure. There are air pads that can make those long days much better too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The stock Vegas and Kingpin seats really are the worst. I like the Mustang seats but I was able to get an accessory leather seat with flames stitched in from Victory that works pretty well for me. I just checked ebay and found one. I will say seats are so subjective. Not all butt's are made the same so one size seats generally feel different from person to person. The Vegas really isn't an all day touring type bike although some Iron Butt's have done it I'm sure. There are air pads that can make those long days much better too.

I know BBob this will sound different, but I love the factory tour seat I have on my 04 Vegas. I can ride 2-3 Hr. with no soreness. It is very thin though, my wife did have her section re-padded with a jell pad and now likes her half. As you said everyone is different.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
I know this has probably been covered a gajillion times, but as I’m new here, recently acquired my first Victory, a 2010 Vegas, I need recommendations for a seat you can ride on for more than an hour.
Victory made a touring set for the Vegas that was extremely comfortable. You maybe able to find one some where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a hammer with a corbin seat.....can ride forever.....some guys dont like corbin they are hard, lke saddles but i love mine have one on my Indian too.....have riddden over 1000 miles in a day and could stll walk.....have a mustang on my kingpin and it ok but corbin is the one for me

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree with the Corbin seat being very comfortable. I got the “dual tour” seat with the optional oval backrest for my 2014 Hammer. Yes, Corbin seats are firm. The firmness supports your weight evenly and allows for longer rides. They are not cheap! You may save some money by getting a used seat but your getting the break in from a different butt. Not always optimal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would not recommend the Drag Specialty seats. I had one on a Sporty I owned and it seemed, to me, less comfortable than the stock seat. It did, however, reflect ultraviolet rays.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,769 Posts
I would not recommend the Drag Specialty seats. I had one on a Sporty I owned and it seemed, to me, less comfortable than the stock seat. It did, however, reflect ultraviolet rays.
My rear would disagree. Much happier with the drag specialties seat but I don't have a Vegas.

I see a lot of stock Vegas seats for sale on FB group. That's a sign they are not comfy.
Unfortunately seat shopping is sometimes trial and error. Hopefully you guess correctly on the first purchase. Good luck. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts