Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a Victory Hammer (or High Ball if I can find one) here in the UK, I need something to cheer myself up. Can anyone comment on the reliablity of these machines?

Many thanks,
Andy

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
I have been riding Victory's sense April 2004 they are very reliable motorcycles and many ride them with 200,000 miles on them with little to no major problems.

Reactions: AndyL77

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NAB, I'm just a bit concerned about a) spares and b) looking good on the bike obv.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
While it is a very reliable brand, I think you do have to be concerned with the availability of repair or upgrade parts for two reasons. First, it is harder to find these in Europe compared to N. America. Second, the entire Victory line was discontinued several years ago so there are fewer aftermarket parts available. Polaris (owner of the Victory brand) said they would keep all parts in stock for 10 years but this has proven to not be the case. They keep some parts in stock but not all. Hopefully any parts you would need or want would be available.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
^^^^Good points^^^^^

Reactions: AndyL77

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Just Do It.............................

·
Registered
314 Posts
You will love the ride.

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
You know there is still a lot of BSA's and Norton's on the road.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,083 Posts
Go for it. As mentioned you might have to pay a lot to get parts shipped over to you but no shortage of parts if you stick with later year models. Personally I would avoid buying anything that isn't a 106. Older just doesn't have parts around. They have no obligation to keep parts for anything that was not currently for sale at closure. Used market has most things and new parts for 106 models are available. Some I've read on here from the old parts dude that used to be here they ration it and require Vin verification to get the parts. So you can't assemble accessory add-ons from the parts basically.

Reactions: FLVicRider

·
Registered
58 Posts
Go for it. As mentioned you might have to pay a lot to get parts shipped over to you but no shortage of parts if you stick with later year models. Personally I would avoid buying anything that isn't a 106. Older just doesn't have parts around. They have no obligation to keep parts for anything that was not currently for sale at closure. Used market has most things and new parts for 106 models are available. Some I've read on here from the old parts dude that used to be here they ration it and require Vin verification to get the parts. So you can't assemble accessory add-ons from the parts basically.
Good Advice .. Have not had any problems finding parts for my 2011 XC.. Haven't found anything yet needed that the 2011 is different from later model XC's although there are probably a few, but will cross that bridge if and when it happens ..

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
You know there is still a lot of BSA's and Norton's on the road.
Sure are but if you talk to them they use them around town and for shows not extended road trips or as daily riders. Big difference. Guys I talk to at bike shows (in before times when there were bike shows) they are for fun bikes to show and for breakfast rides around town with collector clubs.

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Sure are but if you talk to them they use them around town and for shows not extended road trips or as daily riders. Big difference. Guys I talk to at bike shows (in before times when there were bike shows) they are for fun bikes to show and for breakfast rides around town with collector clubs.
No they don't use them every day. There is a club here that has planned yearly rides. They will do 5 or 6 hundred miles over 2 or 3 days. They have a lot of fun and most of them are getting up in age. But this is the motorcycles they started riding in the beginning. They are collectors mostly and do 90% of their on maintenance. They also haul the scooters to the location they are riding.

Reactions: vindex1963
1 - 17 of 17 Posts