Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my HD Deluxe gets picked up Sunday so no more bike for me. I have been back and forth on a HD Blackline/Wide Glide and the Victory 8 Ball.
For me the technology and styling for the price are just too hard to beat with Victory. Power wise HD caught up with the new 103 engines but my gosh the heat and ancient tranny still put me off.
Now its do I wait for ABS on a new Vic or see what the deal would be on a 2011. My dealer has one 8 ball left. Thoughts?
I was set on ABS but after thinking I realized I never ride in the rain so maybe saving some dough might make sense.

·
Registered
554 Posts
ABS is a wonderful item, however you don't need it. Some motorcycles actually brake slower with ABS installed than without, it does prevent wheel lockup but then again the rider should be able to do that as well. I say save the dough and go from there. If Victory is like most companies the ABS will show up on the touring bikes first, then trickle down. Since the 8 ball is the stripped bad boy it will likely get ABS last.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I hope you dont work at Chesapeake and you are just trying to close me : )

I am talking to Zach over there tomorrow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
just go with your gut! you will be the one paying for it and riding it! VIC is a great bike love mine and when i buy another bike it will be a vic agian.. nothing agianst HD i like some models and the sound but i like being different and all the looks i get is great! Good luck

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
If you can live without a bike, do it. Life is more affordable and safer that way. I know I can't.

As far as ABS, get one without for now, and if and when ABS shows up, you can decide then if it's worth trading up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts