Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to pass along an experience with an order received today from an aftermarket vendor specializing in Victory parts.

Ordered: Primary and cam case bolt kits advertised as
"black powder coat, knurled allen head bolt kit. Allen wrench included. Bolts have a light coat of loctite incorporated onto the threads."
$24.99 for the primary bolt set & $9.95 for the cam case set.

What I received: Plain black, not powder coated bolts, no pre-applied loctite, no wrenches in either "kit". Included was a note on a long thin strip of paper (like a fortune cookie) stating to use medium strength thread locker. After installation is complete, use a Q-tip and apply a dab of clear enamel in the hex holes to prevent rusting. 24 hrs later, apply automotive wax with another Q-tip to complete. Enjoy your new "Bling" and be safe.

Are you kidding me??? $35 for plain black bolts, not powder coated that I could have gone down the block to Ace hardware and picked up for $10, and I still need to buy loctite and seal the finish to keep them from rusting? I don't see the "Bling" factor of flat black.

If you are out of the item(s) you are advertising, say "out of stock", rather than shipping something different, and hoping the customer won't notice the difference.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another note regarding shipping... When the post office says "if it fits, it ships", feel free to step up to the next size box so you can properly cushion the pointy ended grips, and still have enough room between the sharp end of the grips and the end of the shipping box. This would prevent the grip end from puncturing the box and arriving flattened and bent.
Spending a little extra on packing the first time would have cost less than shipping it three times.
I can hardly wait to see if the replacement comes in the same size box?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curiosity...

I'm curious?
Vendor is not a sponsor of this fine forum. This vendor deals in Victory "exclusively", we'll leave it at that.

I've never really had any complaints with anything bought online. It can be tough going by a photo on a web site to judge product quality, so you kind of rely on the price of the item and experience from other customers (of which I heard no complaints).

Example being, the $14 arrow style smoke turn signals I ordered ... look good, just like the 6 multi-angle photo's on the web site, but will likely go on the shelf and not on the bike. Thought I'd give them a shot, but not what I want and it'd cost more to send them back.

Located a start-up company in Iowa yesterday that does quality colored lenses for the Vic's and also offers an LED/EQ bulb conversion kits. Probably go this route and stick with the stock signals.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Don't leave it at that, if they are not a supporter of the site and it will prevent others from the same issues, speak up.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'm thinking I might know who this is. I've heard bad things about a vendor on other forums.

I agree that since he isn't a vendor speak up. This could save someone from getting screwed by them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the Vendor is....

I'm thinking I might know who this is. I've heard bad things about a vendor on other forums.

I agree that since he isn't a vendor speak up. This could save someone from getting screwed by them.
VictoryOnly.com

I'm waiting a reply on my damaged grips issue. Not responding as fast as they did when I inquired about the product. I did send pics along with the request for replacement, so they could see how it was packed/received.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm glad you posted up the vendor. Damned if I would know who it is, so thank you. I will beware. Forums are testimony......vendor beware.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats a bit of a bugger,I just looked at their website and they have good looking gear.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats bad luck ks greg, I hope you get a favourable resolution.Has anyone some good feedback for this supplier?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will keep posted.

Thats bad luck ks greg, I hope you get a favourable resolution.Has anyone some good feedback for this supplier?
I have a local Victory sales person here in town that rides a custom Vegas or Hammer, and he's purchased from them with no complaints.

I kind of wanted to hold off until I see how they handle the complaint on the damaged grips. The pre-order questions were answered quickly, and the ordering and shipping process was great. Had the items in 2 business days.
I will update the return process as things go along.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have ordered a few items from them and
have no complaints.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called and talked with them this morning. I have sent back the damaged grip and he will ship out another one.
No complaints with cust service both pre & post sale.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Accidents happen. All you can ask is that they're responsible and take care of you. Let us know if you get the second set in one piece. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm thinking that was the place I contacted for a price. They didn't send a reply. A week or two went by, then I contacted them again and said that was a hell of a fast reply. They contacted me in five minutes and said as of tomorrow they were out of business! That was just before Christmas. Maybe I'm wrong

·
Registered
567 Posts
Don't think so.....I have been speaking with Jason there and he seems to be an upright guy....time will tell...Keep us posted on your ordeal......

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
What about the bolts they stuck you with?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Post up how it plays out. Sometimes thing happen, but if they stand behind you and do you right in the end, that's what matters.

That said, on other forums I have read about certain dealers and their poor ethics. I am sure it has saved me time and money by avoiding them based of of opinions posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have bought from this vendor before and he went above and beyond to get my order to me in time and correct. Keep in mind that that from what I understand, this company does not manufacture all of the parts they sell and sometimes have the parts shipped directly from their source to you. They may never actually see the parts before they get to you but I can assure you the guy I worked with , Paul, did everything he could to provide first class service.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts