Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put down a down payment on a Cross Country. Picking it up Thursday. I've been eyeing this bike since September and today the salesman told me the price is going up in about two weeks so I decided to make an offer for it. Paying $12,900, Does that sound like a good price with the extras that are on it?

I know everyone likes pics but here's a video of it that the dealer has on their site. Sorry, its the best I can do for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH979OU0FWY

My 03 V92c Deluxe will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Not a bad deal personally i wouldn't have went over 12k flat there are some brand new leftovers are going for the 15-16k range

Look around the net and cycle trader too. You may have to travel to get a deal make a trip out of it. I rode a bus to San Deigo to get my old Cross Roads and drove 2.5 hours to get my new Magnum for 3k less than the dealer 10 min from my house.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice looking bike. Congrats

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Also the transmission was upgraded in 2012 I was dead set on a used 2012 or newer when I was looking. Oil changes went up from 2500 2011and older to 5000 miles 2012 and newer. At $70 an oil change it adds up fast

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
2011 info

I have a 2011. It has the neutral assist, the upgraded trans, and 5k oil change intervals.

You cant go wrong with that purchase if you like it. Check the right side (as sitting on bike) saddle bag latch for wear on the cover for wear and ask them to replace the locks and latches if it shows wear.

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad deal personally i wouldn't have went over 12k flat there are some brand new leftovers are going for the 15-16k range

Look around the net and cycle trader too. You may have to travel to get a deal make a trip out of it. I rode a bus to San Deigo to get my old Cross Roads and drove 2.5 hours to get my new Magnum for 3k less than the dealer 10 min from my house.

I did a little looking around back in September and even now there are not to many deals around me. I always try to buy local when it comes to bikes and toys. The closest thing I found price wise was another 2011 on Craigslist for basically the same price but only has 3600 miles instead of 9600. I would rather have the black. Here's a link:

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/4785875141.html

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
With the black XC you're getting the back rest/luggage rack and stage 1 exhaust, on the other hand the gray/white has custom paint and less miles. That would be a tough choice for me between the two but it seems like you've already decided.
I paid 14,000 for my 2013 XC in May of 2014 with 6100 miles on it. I dropped another $800 for the passenger back rest and a flip windshield before I picked it up.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I have seen conflicting reports about the transmission around 2011-2012 so I did a search and found this:

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/community/story/new-in-2011
Interesting read, cut and pasted
We asked Victory engineer James Holroyd to comment on some of the changes in 2011. Regarding reliability, James says“This important improvement was made possible by the new transmission and its neutral-finder. Previous oil change intervals were dictated by oil breakdown making neutral harder to find at higher mileages. The neutral finder eliminates this problem, and allows you to get the full use out of your oil.”

My 2010 Vegas hasn't got the neutral finder, yet using Aussie Penrite oil I have no problems finding neutral right up to my 5000 mile oil change interval...Yes by using a good quality Aussie semi synthetic oil I change oil and filter at or slightly before 5000miles (8000kms)
Covered 40,000 trouble free kms (25,000 miles) in my first year of sensational Victory ownership:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a 2011 I bought new on Labor Day 2011. It now has 32,000 miles on it and still runs great.
2011 was the only year passenger floor boards were standard on the XC. Your bike has pegs. Why would someone swap out floor boards for pegs?
Double check the year. Your bike may be newer (or older) than you think.
2012 came with abs. That is the only regret that I have for not waiting. I have had a couple moments I wish I had it.

Anyway, your bike looks great and you will have a lot of fun riding it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts