Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eye on the victory line for a while now (I currently ride a Honda), and have just been waiting until the time was right financially. That was going to be in the June timeframe, but I guess I may need to move a little sooner than that. I'll be visiting the dealers in the next month or so, looking for a 2017 hammer. I know there are some who would think it's not the smartest thing to do, but the heart wants what the heart wants, and this man wants a hammer. I just hope there are some awesome deals to be had.

·
13,177 Posts
you don't say where you live. But if your willing to travel bet you could find some deal now

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
If I was in your place, I would not hesitate to buy that Hammer. I've had my XR since Feb. 2010 and I intend to keep it until it or I have an engine failure. I have been riding since 1952 and never have had a bike that's excellent in so many ways. You have nothing to fear buying into Victory at this time. In addition to 10 years of factory parts, there's a good aftermarket out there, especially Witchdoctors. So be like a vulture and wait until that Hammer's price tag is as dead as it can be and then pounce on it. Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
You should be able to snag that new Hammer for many, many $1000's off. If the dealership is not closing and will honor the warranty for major issues and your somewhat handy to do your own maintenance. More power to you thumb up..... Just know this purchase is no investment, its something to ride the **** out of because no matter how good of a deal you get out the door, you'll never recover your money.

Have fun with it and good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, gotta complete my profile. I'm in Duncan, OK.

They have a hammer in Lawton, already a couple grand below MSRP. I'm just finalizing a couple of things and should hopefully be ready to pull the trigger around the end of the month. Initially I was going to be looking in the June timeframe, but getting it before then will get me some more ride time in.

The dealer won't be closing it's doors, and I've got a few different locations that'd be able to do work if necessary. I do my own regular maintenance, and I hope that my understanding of the quality of the Victory brand keeps me rolling for a LONG time.

This looks like this is an outstanding community! I certainly appreciate it.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Some tips from the old timer who's been around this block many times.
+ Do not appear to the dealer as though you have fallen in love with the bike and must have it. Stay aloof.
+ Don't let on that his lowered price is appealing to you.
+ Make an offer that's even below what you think he's ever going to sell it for. If he refuses it, walk away, leave, but make sure he has your phone number.
+ He'll phone you as early as the next day with a counter offer, or maybe has met your price.
This has worked for me several times.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Go for it and don't listen to any naysayers. As you said; the heart wants what it wants. I wouldn't hesitate to get a good deal on a Victory as they sell off the current inventory.

Just don't be surprised if its worth more in a few years than what you pay for it. Not saying it will happen; just that it can happen. There's something about not being able to buy something due to no longer being in production that changes the way people look at a product sometimes.

Look at what old cars, particularly well built good looking ones like Ferrari, are going for now. They sell for millions of dollars when in like-new condition. A smart rich person might just come along and buy up a barn full or two of new and used Vic's just speculating they will be worth more in the years to come. I bet the Magnum's really increase in value. I just wish I had the cash to put where my mouth is so I could buy one or more.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If I had the cash I'd add a third pony to the stable, of course wifey may have something different to say about that but I think she'd come around.
You won't regret owning that bike.
There are some amazing deals out there you just need to look around. Cycletrader is a great wAy to compare.
The best deals I've been seeing are midwest and Florida, not sure why those areas.
Good advice from RicZ, I would add don't be afraid to buy further away than your local dealer, some of the deals you could have it shipped and still save a couple k.
I saw a Facebook post with a crazy price for a hammer, I even went to the dealer site to verify it was true. I'll try to find that and post it

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If I had the cash I'd add a third pony to the stable, of course wifey may have something different to say about that but I think she'd come around.
You won't regret owning that bike.
There are some amazing deals out there you just need to look around. Cycletrader is a great wAy to compare.
The best deals I've been seeing are midwest and Florida, not sure why those areas.
Good advice from RicZ, I would add don't be afraid to buy further away than your local dealer, some of the deals you could have it shipped and still save a couple k.
I saw a Facebook post with a crazy price for a hammer, I even went to the dealer site to verify it was true. I'll try to find that and post it
If one dealer can do it for a certain price , they all should be able to .

·
Registered
374 Posts
CALL 850-276-9752 Updated Discounts!! Advertised Price Reflects an EXTRA $1000 Off of Baggers and Touring, $500 EXTRA Off of Cruisers and $5000 EXTRA Off of EMPULSE TT- Plus ALL Victory's from us get a 84 Month Warranty "FREE"
NEW VICTORY MOTORCYCLE BLOWOUT
SALE!!
PLUS YOU GET
$1000 HONOR HEROES
$1000 EXTRA TRADE IN CREDIT ON 2016
(SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS)

-NEW 2016 HAMMER "S" STK # 049846
*MSRP $15599 - SALE $8495 BLACK/RED STRIPES*

-NEW 2016 CROSS CTRY TOUR STK #051025
* MSRP $22999 - SALE $14995 WHITE/SILVER*

-NEW 2016 EMPULSE TT ELECT STK #000041
* MSRP $19999 - SALE $5995*

-NEW 2017 OCTANE STK #000609
* MSRP $10499 - SALE $6995 GRAY*

-NEW 2017 OCTANE STK #003437
* MSRP $10499 - SALE $6995 BLK W GRA*

-NEW 2017 OCTANE STK #003645
*MSRP $10499 - SALE $6995 WHITE *

-NEW 2017 VEGAS STK #058245
*MSRP $13999 - SALE $7999 RED*

-NEW 2017 HI BALL STK #057064
*MSRP $13749 - SALE $8999*

-NEW 2017 GUNNER #STK 057587
*MSRP $13899 - SALE $9299 GRAY

-NEW 2017 GUNNER STK # 057753
*MSRP $13899 - SALE $9299 GREEN*

-NEW 2017 X CTRY STK #059450
*MSRP $19499 - SALE $12999 BLK*

-NEW 2017 X CTRY STK #058368
*MSRP $19999 - SALE $13599 ORANGE*

-NEW 2017 MAGNUM STK #056783
*MSRP $23099 - SALE $15999 RED/BLK GRAFFICS*

-NEW 2017 MAGNUM STK #057237
*MSRP $22599 - SALE $14999 BLACK/SILVER GRAFFICS*

-NEW 2017 MAGNUM X-1 STK #058328
*MSRP $24499 - SALE $16999*

-NEW 2017 CROSS COUNTRY TOUR STK #057683
*MSRP $22099 - SALE $15995 BLUE*

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR BLOW OUT SALE WHILE SUPPLY'S LAST!
FREE DELIVERY TO ALL OF FLORIDA, ALABAMA AND GEORGIA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$8,500 for a 2016, wow! That's outstanding...I was looking toward a 2017 because it'd be "the last year", but there's nothing wrong with a 2016. Now, to make it through the month. I'm going to have to see if I can't use this to source a similar deal a little closer to me. The red and black is certainly as pretty as the black and white, and already matches my jacket :-D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. So here's my take on the Victory situation: I currently own a Buell 1125CR, two year only production, 3100 bikes; I think Victory made significantly more. Check out craigslist, ebay, other classifieds and you will see the same various model Buells for months, at what I consider inflated prices. I paid $4000 for my 1125 with under 5,000 miles, and that was on the higher end of what they are actually selling for. I do not believe the used Victory market will be any better. That being said, I actually went looking for a used Hammer, found a 2007 locally at $4900, took it for a ride, thought it was an excellent bike, but with the upgrades the prior owner performed - bars, foot controls, floorboards - it didn't "feel right". Expressed my hesitation to the dealer, mentioned that at $4000, I would think about it; salesman asked me if I would buy at $3500, and to wait a few minutes while he spoke with his manager. In the end, I walked away, not because there was anything wrong with the bike, in fact it was outstanding; I didn't buy it because the dealer, ready to drop $1500 off the price without any negotiation, told me that was all the money that was in the bike, along with me wondering if, after replacing bars and foot controls, I still would not be happy with it. The bike did sell, and I hope the buyer enjoys it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've seen a lot of speculation about the prices going up and down. I had fully intended on getting a victory for quite some time, and while resale is always a factor, it's relatively low on my list. The bottom line, for me, is that it's the bike I want. Now, I will say that I had intended on going with a low mileage used model, but it seems as though I may be able to go with a new model for not much more, and it'd be nice to have a new ride.

I've been down the "investment" path before. I've got a '66 Norton that's my long term project, and it's to the point where I could make a decent return on the investment. On the other hand, I have watched my VTX drop in value day after day and I understand it. I've got my use out of it, and I believe the enjoyment makes up for the depreciation. When I finally get a Victory, it'll be another investment in happiness. If, some day, it bring me more that'd be awesome. I'm just not banking on it :)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
If you do buy new don't rush into it.
You have prime opportunity to screw em down on the price and get some extras thrown in.
Don't be fooled by their Stage 1 performance packs,
Aftermarket is way better.
And don't lug it, they take a while to break in and loosen up for best performance.
Probably gonna be some fantastic used deals going from people who are panicking too, something with proper performance bits and already broke in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to shop it out, so no huge rush. I do know what I want (Hammer with the 106), and the no longer being made thing is just pushing my timeline a little bit.

As far as performance goes, I'm not even the slightest bit educated as to what I'd want or need beyond lower pipes. Used isn't out of the question, but with the deals I've seen so far people are going to have to go pretty low on the used side. I've seen a few in the 9-10K mark new, already. Even the local dealer is at 12.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Prices will continue to slide as dealers try to recoup their investment. Letting them go at cost as soon as possible will save them the money on interest. The longer they have them the more they lose. Some will put on a brave face and try to delay the inevitable but it won't work. The banks will be knocking.

We have some committed people here (or is that "should be committed":grin) who would buy another Vic without question but that certainly isn't Joe Public out kicking tires at the moment. Without knowing much about a product, nobody with any sense is going to gamble some serious cash on a what-if. They are running away. Once the shock wears off, those dealers stuck with inventory are going to be hoping to get them out the door ASAP.

Hang on for a bit if you really want the Vic. Open your circle of search especially a bit further north where riding season hasn't started yet.

And I'm calling BS on Polaris having all the new parts readily available for 10 years. They couldn't even do it properly during a production year.

PS. I'd be interested in knowing if any new sales can still get an extended warranty from Polaris.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I'm going to shop it out, so no huge rush. I do know what I want (Hammer with the 106), and the no longer being made thing is just pushing my timeline a little bit.

As far as performance goes, I'm not even the slightest bit educated as to what I'd want or need beyond lower pipes. Used isn't out of the question, but with the deals I've seen so far people are going to have to go pretty low on the used side. I've seen a few in the 9-10K mark new, already. Even the local dealer is at 12.
Time is on your side, presume you mean louder not lower pipes.
There's tons of info on this site and most of it is good.
Do the best deal you can in a stock bike don't let em butter you up with so called performance parts, cos you'd be ditching them down the line a bit.
Time is on your side, dealers ain't gonna get knocked over by a rush of people wanting liquidated stock.
An astute buyer will get a great deal I reckon.
I already have mine.....least I will soon as I get it back from the engineers all freshened up with big bore and cams.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
There's never been a better time to be buying a Victory!
I'd love to be cashed up and looking right now!
Not cashed up though.
And I don't buy on credit.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts