Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
My name is Wayne and I am down in Charleston, SC. Hopefully, I will be getting a new(used 418 miles) Saturday. Primarly, Yama and Triumph, so I will on here a lot at first learning from you guys and gals how to wrench on this bike. Did a test ride the other day and all I can say is WOW. I shifted into 6th gear and just could not believe how smooth it was. The Japs need to get with the 6th gear program. It already has the 8" apes and floorboards installed. They removed the badges and cut out the baffles. A little back talk, but the dealer says I can remap, changed to swept, or he has a set off a customers bike he will sell me cheap($50). Header pipes and muffs.
Again I look forward to tapping into all this Vegas knowledge.

Wayne
Vstaring In SC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi:
Just the bike, with rebates, $10,499. Being I have never had a Victory before, I bought the extended five year warranty. So, final OTD was a little over 13g's. A little more than I wanted to spend, but at my age this will probably be my last mc purchase. I still have all my other bikes. Wife doesn't understand the need for so many, but I tell her "its a guy thing".

Vstaring in the Carolina's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi:
Just the bike, with rebates, $10,499. Being I have never had a Victory before, I bought the extended five year warranty. So, final OTD was a little over 13g's. A little more than I wanted to spend, but at my age this will probably be my last mc purchase. I still have all my other bikes. Wife doesn't understand the need for so many, but I tell her "its a guy thing".

Vstaring in the Carolina's
I'm trying to sell my 2013 8-ball for $14,500. It has 500 miles, the Stage-1 X-bow exhaust, passenger pegs, passenger seat, leather bags, and mid-windscreen. Over $3000 in factory options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi:
Why are you selling? That is what I was wondering when I saw the bike in Columbia. He had put 8" apes on, the floorboards with the toe/heel shifter and brake pedal. He had removed baffles. The shop in Columbia wanted $9999 plus taxes and tag. It had 431 miles when I rode it, but it had a few scrapes, nothing serious. Also, they had removed the badges.

Vstaring

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi:
Why are you selling? That is what I was wondering when I saw the bike in Columbia. He had put 8" apes on, the floorboards with the toe/heel shifter and brake pedal. He had removed baffles. The shop in Columbia wanted $9999 plus taxes and tag. It had 431 miles when I rode it, but it had a few scrapes, nothing serious. Also, they had removed the badges.

Vstaring
I LOVE, LOVE my bike. My girlfriend does as well.

I am just selling it because I own two motorcycles, a $17k Victory and a $15k BMW S1000RR (sportbike).

I am happiest on a sportbike and my GF is all about saving money. (She's not a true rider. She refuses to ride on my BMW.)

Anyway, we want to get married and have a kid, so one of my bikes has to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roger that: I was sitting here reading tranny threads about the Vics. I got mine today. Maybe 40 miles. Tomorrow they start going up. I did notice that you can hold a gear on this bike a lot longer than you can on my Yama cruisers. I think there will be some klunk, but learning the bike will remove some. Except 1st. But that being said my Yama & Tri will klunk into first.

Vstaring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts