Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the annual Southcoast Bykes for Tykes in Coos Bay. Pretty good turnout considering the weather today. It was 42 degrees and raining pretty steady when we went kick stands up at 11:00am. I believe the final tally was 217 bicycles donated and a mountain of other presents for needy families.

My Jackpot was the only Vic I saw in the ride and the first group outing for me since I bought it a few weeks ago. It did garner a lot of attention :grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Nice .... If it rains it rains hey ??

What are the bicycles used for ??

Ps what handlebars are you using ? Have a link ??

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Today was the annual Southcoast Bykes for Tykes in Coos Bay. Pretty good turnout considering the weather today. It was 42 degrees and raining pretty steady when we went kick stands up at 11:00am. I believe the final tally was 217 bicycles donated and a mountain of other presents for needy families.

My Jackpot was the only Vic I saw in the ride and the first group outing for me since I bought it a few weeks ago. It did garner a lot of attention :grin
Nice! Your JP is one of my favorites. There was one sitting in a local dealership I wanted badly but missed my opportunity.

Nice .... If it rains it rains hey ??

What are the bicycles used for ??

Ps what handlebars are you using ? Have a link ??
Like a toys for tots thing. Bring gifts for those families less fortunate so all kids can have a nice Christmas. There's one in San Diego I used to go to on Christmas morning to help manage traffic and keep the kids safe as they went up to the truck full of bikes and other toys.

Those are the Ness Fly Bars. Very comfy and they look good.

Arlen Ness Fly Bar - Chrome | Victory Motorcycles Store

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bingo BBob, on both counts. I like the looks of the bars but honestly wish they had a little less pullback. I'm 6'4" with long arms.

The event here is organized by Walt at Coos Cycle. I think this is like his 16th year doing it. All the bikes and toys are taken by trucks that follow the bike run through town and are donated to the Salvation Army. They are the ones that then distribute the goods.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Cool that your doing charity, we always do a different kind of charity .... The houses these kids stay are never "that good" so with the biker group we buy building materials, and give it to the owner of the house, here you cannot give money .... So they use the building materials to make it a bit nicer ....

The fork diameter on the Jackpot is 1 3/4"

Thanks for the link Bbob for the drag bars size 1 1/2" price $ 209 that is good hey ? Wish they made 1 3/4" like the Burleigh bars .... But that is $ 800 Australian Dollars

It is on my 2016 list to find some drag bars, as i am also 6' 3" and my stock bars i lined them exactly the same angle as fork angle ... And still it is too much pull back, feels like I'm hanging backwards .

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
In that case BP you should take a look at the ones I pointed out to JG. If they won't send them directly to you then they can be sent to me and I'll send them on to you after figuring out what the cost would be. They list for $105 shipped to USA but they have a 'make offer' button so you can probably get them for $95 or $100. I have no idea how much it would cost to send them to Batam Island from Arizona. Maybe you do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-inch-x-1-1-4-dia-Fatty-Handlebars-Tbars-Victory-8ball-Vegas-Hammer-Jackpot-/301825011790?hash=item46462c304e:g:NvUAAOSw7FRWY4TB&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
These prices are AWESOME ... Ok i will definitely put this on my 2016 list .... Shipping, yeah always a drag ..... I always try to combine a lot of purchase & companies into 1 shipment .... Last time RIC and HE Toledo helped me A LOT

So yes thanks for the offer, maybe I'll call in a favor next year ...

OP didn't wanne hack your thread .... Sorry mate, but you got a really cool bike .....

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Cool that your doing charity, we always do a different kind of charity .... The houses these kids stay are never "that good" so with the biker group we buy building materials, and give it to the owner of the house, here you cannot give money .... So they use the building materials to make it a bit nicer ....

The fork diameter on the Jackpot is 1 3/4"

Thanks for the link Bbob for the drag bars size 1 1/2" price $ 209 that is good hey ? Wish they made 1 3/4" like the Burleigh bars .... But that is $ 800 Australian Dollars

It is on my 2016 list to find some drag bars, as i am also 6' 3" and my stock bars i lined them exactly the same angle as fork angle ... And still it is too much pull back, feels like I'm hanging backwards .
Burleigh Bars are 304 Stainless steel that wont rust, not cheap ass chrome

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Valid point MbX, and they are the most beautiful bars I've seen until today ....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No hack at all. We're here to talk about our bikes and ask questions. Seems to me that's exactly what's happening ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts