1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Sometimes I think I should have bought the XCT. I did'nt really want that big trunk. I have thought about the hard lowers but that's a lot of money ,but they say it works.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the soft covers and just recently got the Cee Flectors. The soft covers take away all the buffeting but in hot weather no air gets through.

I find the Cee Flectors work very well also and it allows air through to the engine. My wife says she gets more buffeting with the winter deflectors on, have not tried the summer flectors with her yet. Overall I like them alot better than the soft lowers that take away the look of the forged bars.

I have though about the hard lowers, but it's just too much. I hope this helps, I also use a 15 inch Cee Bailey wind shield. I'm 5'10 with a 30" inseam.

Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anyone have the Cee Baileys flectors on their XC? Just wondering how they do with wind management and buffeting. Thanks.
I've been running the summer Flectors for a few months now and they have done a very good job of stopping the buffeting from below. Without any lowers, I was unable to ride at highway speeds with a half helmet. I'm currently running the Vic Flip windshield and it is too narrow, allowing some buffeting on the sides of the helmet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Recently installed, so far they seem to really help the buffeting. First "long" trip with them coming tonite (200 miles), hope I still like them on Monday.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've had them since last fall and they do a great job. I also have kewlmetal style winglets and a Gustaffson +4 w/shield, no buffeting.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't but others do and seem to like them as evidenced by the results for a search for "flectors".

http://www.victoryforums.com/search.php?searchid=215701
Be nice if your link actually worked... but I see that it works about as well as the search engine. NOT! Y'all keep asking your questions over again for us that appreciate being reminded or learn new info without having to deal with a less than good search engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cee Silencer

I'm riding with a Cee Silencer windshield, hard lowers and Cee Flectors (summer). Just added the Cee Silencer and rode 195 miles (80 miles of the ride was Interstate at speeds up to 80). Huge difference over any other windshield with the above combo. I've tried the flip windshield (don't bother) and other Cee Bailey windshields. No helmet wobble for me or girlfriend with the Silencer. I have the light grey tint which cuts way down on glare. Tried the clear but way too much glare.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I ended up putting just over 300 miles on over 2 days, about 80 miles highway, the rest good mountain and country roads. The flectors worked great, very comfortable riding behind them, no buffeting at all. Finally can hear the XM radio at 75 easily.

So in my case, the summer flectors combined with a Klock Werks flare is perfect. I am 6'0" with stock setup otherwise and wear a half helmet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts