Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting mini apes ( 12 inch rise ) on my bike and it looks like i will have to get new cables. Has anyone used these cable kits? this kit will make two throttle cables. the kit is less than 50 bucks.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
if it were me I would measure out what I needed and then get them from witchdoctor. Add a good couple inches for turn the front end and add a couple inches for the front break line

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used that Venhill cables to make the 4 cables for my V92C. I used the braided outer with clear coating. All worked out fine more than 2 years down the track. The soldering has to be spot on. I made a spare inner for the clutch and carry it on the bike.:cool:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have to use a flame style soldering technique or just a electric
style? Do the cable kits come with instructions or video?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I always use electric and make sure the wires are separated and spread so you get good grip with the solder. Everything must be clean and tinned so the solder grabs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No, my kit I had to do both ends. It was a universal kit and I used some of the original cable parts. I also used braided. I see if I can put it up, not to good at that cut and pasting stuff.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WOW it worked, you can look at their site and you can get all types of extras and individual components as well as matching brake hoses DOT approved. I have found their service really good and shipping reasonable.cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
So if your doing 12" bars you have to do cables etc? What hieght can I go and still use stock cables? I have the Ness pull back bars now, 8" and around 17" pullback I think and narrow. I do not like them, trying to decide apes or drags, and how high. I can go. Thinking 12 with 5 or so pull back....or would I have to stay with 10" bars

·
Registered
7 Posts
apes

I put 12 apes pn my 03 and i didnt have to change throttle cables, I did reroute the clutch line the left side i added 2 inches to the wiring harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts