Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Getting ready to put 16inch apes on my cruiser. Need to know length of each cable (inches over stock) so I can place an order. Anyone done this on their own? Can ya help me out here? Going to do the job myself so I want to get it right the first time. Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Contact this person, Tim at [email protected] email. Tell him the stock part number on the cables and what size of bars you are going with . He can then tell you a price. Been dealing with him for years.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I will see what he wants for the cables.....but was hoping to know exact lengths so I can shop around and save some money. The guy at Vee Twin in Cali quoted me 385 for stainless, 320 for black. Although I have heard nothing but good things about them....I'd like to try to get them a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used 8" over stock with mine. Everything fit nicely except the throttle cable that goes on the left side. Using the the stock routing it got really tight when the handlebars were turned fully right. I routed it differently and now it works fine.

I ordered the extended choke cable but ended up not using it. I'll make someone a good deal if they want it.

·
13,026 Posts
maybe talk to Witchdoctor he sells cable and I'm sure some all ready has cables from him

1 - 10 of 10 Posts