Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to put the cafe fairing on my Vegas. The two main sources seem to be Memphis Shades and Arlen Ness. I've seen pictures of each one, but nothing that directly compared them. Can anyone speak to what the differences are between the two units, besides the cost?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Neither for me. MRN is the real deal. eBay has a dealer as they are made in Germany and top notch quality. 100% positive feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Here is the one I run on my KP. It is more because of the spoiler. I really don't use it in the summertime. I actually find that the samll fairing/screen is just as effective as the big windshield on the XR-- imagine that! I needed to get wind off the chest but like a little in the face. You know-- to keep you awake. cheers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRA-Smoke-Vario-Touring-Screen-VICTORY-HAMMER-KINGPIN-VEGAS-JUDGE-WINDSHIELD-/300934453345?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4611175861&vxp=mtr#ht_1415wt_926

·
Registered
837 Posts
BTW--- I painted mine in PlasticDip to match the bike. You can get them in different colors, but since they come from across the pond, look for 3 weeks to get it. Worth the wait and every penny! Gonna get one for the XR when I can figure out a way to explain it to the wife.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wow! I hadn't seen the MRA one. I like it.

We have the Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing installed on my wife's '12 Vegas 8 Ball.

Plusses:

1. We love the way it looks, a traditional cafe fairing.
  2. Good quality.
  3. Blocks the wind from your chest.
Negatives:

1. Doesn't block the wind from your head.
  2. Because it is a HD cafe fairing, you'll have to modify the mounts to fit the Vegas.
  3. You need to get a different headlight to fit it.
  4. Comes unpainted

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's also WOC Fairings http://www.wideopencustom.com/

I have the Memphis Shades on my Vegas, if you go with this one make sure to get the lowers and get a big enough windshield...if you go with the Memphis go onto ebay and order one through Murrays Cycles, theyre fairings are brand new and you get free shipping

Never mind, just noticed you said cafe fairing

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Neither for me. MRN is the real deal. eBay has a dealer as they are made in Germany and top notch quality. 100% positive feedback.
anymore pics of this?

·
Registered
931 Posts
There's also WOC Fairings http://www.wideopencustom.com/

I have the Memphis Shades on my Vegas, if you go with this one make sure to get the lowers and get a big enough windshield...if you go with the Memphis go onto ebay and order one through Murrays Cycles, theyre fairings are brand new and you get free shipping

Never mind, just noticed you said cafe fairing
thats a huge cafe fairing LOL. nice none the less cheers

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have it laying down about as low as it will go. The spoiler mounts are 7" apart. It is 13" wide where the speed o sits and it is in the middle. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Would it work with the tach? Got room in there? Will it bolt to the Fly-bars?

Just remembered----if you do order be sure to tell them the size of the bars. The first mounting kit was chrome and was too big. I notified them and they sent the smaller (7/8") black mounting kit at N/C. I love a company with serious customer service. thumb up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts