Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife loves her new Vega$ 8 Ball but didn't like the fatigue from 70+ MPH on the highway. She doesn't like and didn't want a full fairing; she felt it distracted from the bike's styling.

We decided to go with the Arlen Ness cafe-fairing. She (and I) love the look and it really helps from taking the full wind impact from the chest. Of course, if there's a lot of chop or wind, you'll have to crouch.

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing a different look on the Vega$.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks great! How much modifying did you have to do??

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks cool! I love cafe bikes.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! We really like the look, too.

We had Arlen Ness install the factory cruise control and the fairing while doing the 500 mile service. The fairing install, total, was something like $900. That included the fairing, of course, custom fabrication of the mounting brackets and the purchase and install of a Ness headlight (the factory headlight wouldn't work with the fairing). The fairing is unpainted, right now, but the factory black plastic actually looks pretty good. We'll have it painted later this year. The painter I use for pretty much everything (he's independent, does a great job, although the paint fumes may not have treated him so well over the years) quoted $90 to match the factory paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was in a charity ride last weekend and amazed at the number of bat wing fairings I saw. That cafe style you have will stand out and looks great.

How does she like the cruise control?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She loves it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! We just returned from Arlen Ness to get a quote for the MBW LED front and rear signals and wraparound plate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
not sure how i feel about the faring. different or unusual mods are always interesting but not always an "upgrade" or appreciated. the more i look at it, the more i like it for that bike. yeah, different...useful...and adds a good look to the bike. thumb up very nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts