Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't there but a cager with a carload of teenager (we think) tried to run over my buddy today. He was following the car from a traffic light on a left hand turn into a 4-lane road. The car took the left but went into the right hand lane. My buddy took the left hand lane and was thinking about accelerating past them but before he even had a chance to get on the throttle, he noticed that the driver was coming into his lane so he braked HARD to avoid the unexpected lane change and was able to miss the right-hand corner of the car's bumper but being a new rider, he made a rookie mistake and jammed his right heel into the pavement in an effort to keep the bike from going down. He was successful at preventing that but in the process he ruptured his Achilles and just got out of the ER with some type of immobilization brace on it until they can decide when they can schedule the surgery.

The incident happened fairly close to a biker bar and one of the patron's saw the whole thing. He came to aid of my friend who was in immense pain and helped tell the officer about what had happened and even stated "I was AMAZED he was able to keep the bike up at ALL when that car BRAZENLY cut him off. After that maneuver, the car went in and then out of a gas station without stopping so we think they knew what they had done but did not want to stop in the event of getting ticketed. We are hopeful that the station has some good quality video they may have captured of the car cutting through. A HUGE thanks to the biker brothers and sisters out that for taking care of my buddy!

The good news is that his bike is fine and he has learned a lesson (no feet down while moving...EVER) and he should recover. He'll need some good drugs for a bit and won't be running any 5K's anytime soon but at least he will have the chance to ride again in the future.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Best wishes for your friend. Hope the baboon driving the cage gets caught and castrated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
We investigators call this "conclusionary language."

I clicked this link thinking I was going to read a story about a guy who literally got chased down in an attempt to run him over.

A cager did not try to run your friend over. An inattentive cager ALMOST hit your friend, but it does not sound like it was at all intentional, as your title suggests. I mean, if the cager TRIED, he sure did a half-as*ed attempt, thats for sure...

Glad he wasnt run over though!!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We investigators call this "conclusionary language."

I clicked this link thinking I was going to read a story about a guy who literally got chased down in an attempt to run him over.

A cager did not try to run your friend over. An inattentive cager ALMOST hit your friend, but it does not sound like it was at all intentional, as your title suggests. I mean, if the cager TRIED, he sure did a half-as*ed attempt, thats for sure...

Glad he wasnt run over though!!
So-crates - Of course you are correct. The "colorful" language was partially from emotion and partly for the benefit of this format. Hopefully they will be able to identify the vehicles operator and levy a heavy fine on him for negligence, leaving the scene & even driving through a fuel station as a cut-through (or whatever the legal term is for that one). If we can simply educate more and more people, perhaps they will look BEFORE they decide to put our lives in danger. Next time it might be a transfer truck in that left-hand lane and the car full of it's passenger's would have (likely) paid a high price for the driver's ignorance. :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm glad your friend is mostly ok. I had something like that happen to me, but the guy actually tried multiple times to run me over. I switched lanes and got behind a truck, the truck then slammed on his brakes so I swerved over to avoid him thinking he was trying not to hit something and didn't notice me. But once I was next to him he swerved at me multiple times trying to run me off the road and giving me the finger. He is lucky at the time I didn't have my CHL, as far as I'm concerned he tried to kill me so I would have lit him up. But all I could do was take off on him so he couldn't get me. Just goes to show that you have to be at least 10x more careful riding a bike, not just from people not paying attention, but from people who seem to have a vendetta against motorcycles. Ride safe out there guys.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Shortly after getting my pin, i was coming to a light. Stupid me locked up my rear, the ass end started to come around as I was about to smack the ass of an such I planted my left foot down as I stopped. The pain in my foot was killer hurt my knee too. It was just a reaction move.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hear about your buddies bad encounter with yet another bad driver. I've had more than my share of them. But there also those drivers that may not being trying to kill us, but sure seems to want to send a message. Luckily I've only had it happen once and it will be a long time before the driver forgets it.

Ride safe and be diligent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts