Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting outta my J-pot and into a Vision. Looking at 1 in Cali. Any difference in performance being it's from Cali compared to anywhere else? Emmisions? Thanks in advance. Mark

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
looking at getting outta my J-pot and into a Vision. Looking at 1 in Cali. Any difference in performance being it's from Cali compared to anywhere else? Emmisions? Thanks in advance. Mark
You betcha. The California models all come stock with a gutted map, and even the Stage 1 download is a castrated version of what everyone else gets. But, if you're going to get a fuel controller, all that becomes a mute point.

Also, California models come with an evap canister, which can be easily removed (unplug 2 hoses, and remove 4 bolts).

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You betcha. The California models all come stock with a gutted map, and even the Stage 1 download is a castrated version of what everyone else gets. But, if you're going to get a fuel controller, all that becomes a mute point.
Mute? Play on words because Cali bikes are extra quiet too? ;)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I buy the bike from CA, can my dealer in MN just reinstal the "stock" map and I'm good as if my bike came from MN? Also removing the canister, is there any remapping or anything else needed to do after removal ? Thanks again all!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
So if I buy the bike from CA, can my dealer in MN just reinstal the "stock" map and I'm good as if my bike came from MN? Also removing the canister, is there any remapping or anything else needed to do after removal ? Thanks again all!
Yes, your local dealer may do so, and they should do it free of charge, although some dealers try to charge for putting stock map on.

You don't have to reflash or do anything else after removing the evap canister.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts