Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually...My question is this...California has Hwy 101 for a beautiful and scenic ride up the west coast, does the east coast have such a Hwy like the west coast?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have been on a similar road on the east coast but don't remember the road designation. It has been a while for me since I rode either road since I live smack dab in the middle of the country.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Florida Has A1A That is almost all on the the Atlantic Coast but really more traffic than I care for .. Hwy 98 Runs along the Northern Gulf Coast East to West which is better traffic wise .. But still not on par with the Terrain the West Coast of California Has but Scenic ..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Actually...My question is this...California has Hwy 101 for a beautiful and scenic ride up the west coast, does the east coast have such a Hwy like the west coast?
Nothing remotely comparable that I've ever seen, but you really want Highway 1 PCH for the views. 101 runs parallel, and while it too can be scenic, but it was designed to move large masses of humanity to and fro, 1 mostly hugs the coastline.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah... Highway 1 is the PCH that runs right onto the Golden Gate Bridge. 101 runs from the bay bridge the way to Sacramento, or most of the way. The 101 is a traffic night mare.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts