Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was mentioned in a thread I can no longer find, but would like more info on the matter. Someone said the Stage 1 download is no longer available in California. Is it true? If yes, what is the reason? Do I have to ride to Arizona to get it? Or do I just drop $300 on a PCV?

·
Registered
436 Posts
The download is available in CA - but, from what I have heard it is "anemic" compared to other states due to CA emmisions regulations.

I went for the PCV - much more flexible and only about $100. more after all is said and done getting the download from Vic

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, that makes perfect sense. We get the anemic one because we're pollution freaks. Trucks don't polute, bikes do! :ltr:

Going to have to start looking for a PCV then. Thanks for the info. thumb up

·
Registered
436 Posts
Alright, that makes perfect sense. We get the anemic one because we're pollution freaks. Trucks don't polute, bikes do! :ltr:

Going to have to start looking for a PCV then. Thanks for the info. thumb up
This is where I got mine - it comes with a CR map installed (dyno tuned by them) ask for Jamie - the price is good also. thumb up

http://fuelmotousa.com/home.htm

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You can get the stage 1 which is worthless but you cannot get the Hammer Vic or S&S maps done by a dealer.

When the law was first passed a few years ago a lot of Northern Californians were traveling a couple of hours to Reno and getiing the downloads done but then Vic made it so that if you have a California VIN you cannot get the download without showing residency and registration in another state.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One can only wonder what they'll do next. Tie our hands to make sure we don't ride too aggressive? :puke:

I guess I only have one choice: PCV. I better hurry before it gets outlawed. :crzy:

Donzo: how do you order from that site? I can't see price or order button anywhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Donzo: how do you order from that site? I can't see price or order button anywhere. Thanks.
From the website:

FuelMotoUsa.com said:
Ordering Information

Fuel Moto offers the best customer service and the best shipping in the USA. We do not have an online shopping cart and we operate a bit different than most companies. Call our company old school, old fashioned or low tech but we prefer to work with our customers directly one on one. Contacting us by phone will allow you to talk with with our experienced staff for personalized service you cannot receive anywhere else in the industry.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
So who is responsible for electing those envirofreaks into the California legislature anyway? Looks to me like California doesn't have an candidate problem, it has an electorate problem. Those yahoos they elect, pass those cockamamy laws that the feds think are so wonderful they foist them on the rest of us. You can put that in your evaporative canister and smoke it. There, I feel much better now. =)~

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From the website...
Thank you. I missed that part. :)

So who is responsible for electing those envirofreaks into the California legislature anyway? Looks to me like California doesn't have an candidate problem, it has an electorate problem. Those yahoos they elect, pass those cockamamy laws that the feds think are so wonderful they foist them on the rest of us. You can put that in your evaporative canister and smoke it. There, I feel much better now. =)~
I am a rebel as I have removed the evap canister from my bike. (Some) Laws are made to be broken! :nanana:

·
Registered
436 Posts
One can only wonder what they'll do next. Tie our hands to make sure we don't ride too aggressive? :puke:

I guess I only have one choice: PCV. I better hurry before it gets outlawed. :crzy:

I would call and talk to Jamie - tell him the mods you are doing - he has 6 or 7 different maps for the XR -

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I am a rebel as I have removed the evap canister from my bike. (Some) Laws are made to be broken! :nanana:
I couldn't agree more, CR. Fortunately, motorcycles are exempt (so far) from having to go through emissions testing in Oregon and I hope it stays that way. The danger here is that we have a majority of city, county and state law makers that look to our southern neighbor and think you all are doing the correct (not Right) things. Scary. :soapbox:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hey Ric,

Tell us how you really feel!!:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:thumb up

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Hey Ric,

Tell us how you really feel!!:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:thumb up
Hey Diamond, I'm feeling great! My last chemo was back in mid June and It feels so good to be back in the human race once more. The only remaining effect is low energy level, but it's getting better, gradually. Been out on the bike a lot lately - rode to the coast recently, a 225 mile round trip. My longest trip in a year. Handled it OK, but was exhausted when I got back home. Mentally, I was pumped though. cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts