Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 152,200 miles it looks like my right front caliper is binding. Replacements are expensive, especially when I have a Challenger that works just fine. So, does anyone have any info on caliper rebuild kits for a 12 XCT?
Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. After watching a few youtubes, I've decided to take it apart, clean and reassemble. Looks pretty easy and shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks guys. After watching a few youtubes, I've decided to take it apart, clean and reassemble. Looks pretty easy and shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.
yea good luck with it a video of the fix would be awesome 8)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I used this company some time ago for the parts I needed when there were zero others offering anything. They just needed the sizes. Speedy, accurate and offered advise on a related problem.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So yesterday I decided to take it out for a short ride and see how the caliper behaved. I took enough tools to unstick it, need be. As I'm pushing back out of the garage I notice it doesn't seem bound at all. About half way out it binds. I rock it a little and it freeded up with a clunk. I put the side stand down to take a good look. This chuck of 2x4 was on the floor of the garage.
I have no idea how this got there. I don't recal hitting anything. The tire showed a little wear but most of it was done by the rotor.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
620 Posts
So yesterday I decided to take it out for a short ride and see how the caliper behaved. I took enough tools to unstick it, need be. As I'm pushing back out of the garage I notice it doesn't seem bound at all. About half way out it binds. I rock it a little and it freeded up with a clunk. I put the side stand down to take a good look. This chuck of 2x4 was on the floor of the garage.
I have no idea how this got there. I don't recal hitting anything. The tire showed a little wear but most of it was done by the rotor.

OMG! That's crazy.:oops:

How does the rotor look?

View attachment 252558

·
Registered
620 Posts
OMG! That's crazy.:oops:
How does the rotor look?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: Dusty Boots

·
Premium Member
14,525 Posts

View attachment 252558
Holy crap! That was wedged up under the rear fender?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I would think that would have made noise to alert you. Or a smoke signal. Haha

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would think that would have made noise to alert you. Or a smoke signal. Haha
I saw a little puff when I pulled into the garage. I did not see that. The rotor was warm so I assumed a sticky caliper.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Glad you got it out. So no notable damage then?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Was that wood up against the front rotor or the edge of the rim/tire?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was that wood up against the front rotor or the edge of the rim/tire?
I didn't see it until it fell out as I was backing out of the garage. The marks had to be from the rotor, but there is some scaring on the tire.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts