Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Interesting bikes! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: whooshbang

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Great video, good camera work too... Thanks for posting that...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I enjoyed the vid... gave it a thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Really impressive! Your video, audio and filming are all first rate. The subject matter was spot on as well. Really enjoyed looking at all the bikes. Your filming method made it even more enjoyable. The subtle inclusion of a few of the original sounds was also a nice touch. Thank you very much for posting this. The SoundHound app on my iPhone couldn't identify the music. Can you post what you used please.

·
13,263 Posts
Thanks Great stuff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your kind comments everyone. Really wish i packed that extra battery... there was so much more there worthy of a capture.

The music was was downloaded royalty free from dig.ccMixter Home

Tracks are by:

Two Guitars by Admiral Bob (c) copyright 2012 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. Two Guitars Ft: Haskel

Ping Ding by Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) (c) copyright 2014 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. Ping Ding Ft: Stefan Kartenberg

4 Guitars by Stefan Kartenberg (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. 4 Guitars Ft: [email protected] (tobias_weber)

Working on another short film about the Hammer. Expect some silly behaviour, drilling and milling followed by some more silly behaviour :wink

Thanks again to everyone. And thanks to this forum and keeping the victory vibe alive. I was chatting to the Indian dealer at the bike meet and he told me that everyone is holding their Vics here in UK. He's right too as there are practically no private sales. You'll only pick up a Vic from a dealer here and extremely lucky to get one private. I also spoke with 3 other vic owners at the bike meet and they practically chased me off when i asked if they would consider selling!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Hey Whoosh....
Man oh man, I wish I could have been there. Maybe someday I will, as the wife really wants to see England, and so do I, truth be told. Is the Calne Bike Meet an annual event and if it is, what is the date it usually happens? Are there other bike meets like that?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Ricz,

You and the wife absolutely must come to the UK. We have a lot bike meets here from April through to September/October. The Calne bike meet is annual and falls on the last Saturday of July. It's the biggest free event on the calendar. There are loads of stalls and bands playing all day. If you get accommodation locally you'll no doubt have a good night out in the local bars after.

There are other big events running pretty much every weekend elsewhere in the UK. Numerous bike shows, Biker meets in the evenings and biker cafes all over the place. The Bulldog bash is big weekender event with drag strip in August. There's the famous Ace cafe in London.... always something going on there. Too many more to mention. You will not be short of biker related things to do and you can enjoy the roads and scenery do some sightseeing whilst your here.

:grin

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Thanks for that informative reply Whooshbang. Sounds like one can go to England anytime in the summer and there will be a bike event. But the Caine event seems to offer a lot and the price is right. Sorry, but we are beyond hanging out in bars and the and scene. I was a parent already by the time the Beatles cut their first record and learned not to sleep in the subway.
Our intent is to rent a car, go off on our own and take in as much of the countryside as is possible and do one grand bike event such as the one in Caine. Would also like to see a vintage car event too.
We watch more Brit TV than we do US ones (mostly detective series) so we know the parts we'd like to visit (by looking at the backgrounds) and then some.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that informative reply Whooshbang. Sounds like one can go to England anytime in the summer and there will be a bike event. But the Caine event seems to offer a lot and the price is right. Sorry, but we are beyond hanging out in bars and the and scene. I was a parent already by the time the Beatles cut their first record and learned not to sleep in the subway.
Our intent is to rent a car, go off on our own and take in as much of the countryside as is possible and do one grand bike event such as the one in Caine. Would also like to see a vintage car event too.
We watch more Brit TV than we do US ones (mostly detective series) so we know the parts we'd like to visit (by looking at the backgrounds) and then some.
Great stuff. There's no shortage of vintage car events up and down the country either. Goodwood rivival is the ultimate event. https://www.goodwood.com/flagship-events/goodwood-revival/explore-revival/

plus loads of motor shows. guaranteed to find something somewhere and you can drive the length of the country in a day or two.

Don't forget your brolly :grin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts