Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my Cam Chain Tensioner today because I'm getting some tapping noises from the front cylinder. All the pictures/diagrams I've seen show the tensioner as two pieces being the cap and the tensioner shaft, but when I pulled mine out the shaft definitely wouldn't come out of the cap. The shaft compressed into the cap just fine. Is there a special way to get the two pieces apart or is it supposed to be one piece?

Here's a link to the diagram:
http://www.oceancountypowersports.com/oemparts/a/vic/503f530cf8700222b8491f7d/engine-cylinder-head-all-options

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual doesn't show the tensioner being in multiple pieces, and it doesn't describe taking it apart.

From reading other posts about the tensioners, it sounds like they can be disassembled, and judging by the diagram there are two different part numbers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks a lot! Funny thing is I've browsed over that thread twice and completely missed that haha.

Thanks again for the info. I hope this solves my tapping noise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Parts are on order so hopefully they get here soon.

I don't know if this sounds familiar to you but, my tapping will almost go away at a certain RPM. For instance, at 2500RPM it's noisy, at around 2800 it's quiet again, then comes back around 3000

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Will do. Parts are on order so hopefully they get here soon.

I don't know if this sounds familiar to you but, my tapping will almost go away at a certain RPM. For instance, at 2500RPM it's noisy, at around 2800 it's quiet again, then comes back around 3000
Might be. It was my wife's XC that was effected.

Hers did similar things as you just described and go through fits where it sounded like the valve train was going to come right out.
She would remark that it was more pronounced at different rpms. It made valve train noise constantly though. Best way to find out is what you are doing. Are you changing out the front or the back?

·
13,231 Posts
If its hard to pull a part make sure you press it back together tight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts