Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any video of cam install procedures out there. Parts coming few days. Find them for cc but not vision. Seems no info on vision for some reason

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Any video of cam install procedures out there. Parts coming few days. Find them for cc but not vision. Seems no info on vision for some reason
Yessss on the internet there is detailed information , also on this site some Real good info, someone will hopefully find a link for ya, I'm on the road, sorry

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I erased the post. Should have been in the political thread.

·
13,003 Posts
your going to have to lift the top part of front frame.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was going to do my KP last winter on my own. But got it done for 400 bucks at the dealership. That's about what what the indy shops charge as well. Had my PCV and autotune hooked up already so all I did was use a canned map and start riding from that point.

I figured it would have taken me a good day 1st time out along with a plethora of expletives. For 4 beans it was worth the cash. I supplied the cams, gaskets, etc.

Had the dealer NOT dropped the install labor from 950 bucks to 400, I would have done it myself. But I found 3 warmer ( 34 degree ) days in February and rode it there, then rode it back. Worth every penny in mid winter.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I did it on my jackpot and it was a $"'@-+= to drop the engine, but being mechanicly pretty resorseful and fixing stuff anywhere in the world it was just a lot of work, but mechanicly NOT A PROBLEM....

I say go for it with 1 buddy... And a box of beer....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've did Lloydz cams in my Cross Country and my brothers Vision. This was a couple years ago but I never saw a guide to doing the cams on a Vision, only the Cross Country. That being said, the Vision cam swap goes exactly like a Cross Country once you get all of the body work off the outside of the bike. Pull the plastic that is around the engine bay to expose the frame and the engine. After that just follow the instructions for the the Cross Country swap. No biggie.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been slowly getting things apart and together. Had to split the frame to get enough clearance to get rocker covers off.got cam carriers machined out and new big cams back in engine.
Also got pipes cut apart and new baffles installed. Torched out the catalytic converters too so it will breathe good now.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Torched out the catalytic converters too so it will breathe good now.
In the Cross bikes the cats should stay in to help with exhaust velocity. The head-pipes are sized/designed for the cats to be in there. I know someone making 143 HP with the stock head pipes and cats on a XCT.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So it's making more hp and torque with cats is what your trying to say? No description on dyno chart. And CC not vision

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
So it's making more hp and torque with cats is what your trying to say? No description on dyno chart. And CC not vision
I'm saying removal of the cats hurts performance, especially low end torque.

Same with Harley. The stock head pipes and some slip-on mufflers will make the same much power as putting a full exhaust on it. We did a new Dyna S w'110 on it. Cored the baffles out of the mufflers and ran it... then put a complete Thunderheader 2-1 system on it, and ran it again. Power was the same. Even the curve shapes were the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts