Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for 2 more people interested in getting cams/fuel controller done by kevinx. (Actual place is presently Clarksville)

Cost for Xbike installed with basic tune derived from spinning LOTS of bikes on my dyno (kevinx) is $1280 out the door

Visions price includes an intake plate
08-$1250
09-12-$1350

Lloydz VM1-DR Cams & VFC3 Tuner

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Wish I could. Just really bad timing for me.

At least now I have a ball park cost for the future though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Which cam and fuel controller are you using for the X bikes?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lloydz VM1 cams and I have a PCV with AutoTune. Some of the hp/tq numbers I've seen from KevinX are great and I'm told there is no loss in low end power or mpg. Join us.....we need 2 more!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Lloydz VM1 cams and I have a PCV with AutoTune. Some of the hp/tq numbers I've seen from KevinX are great and I'm told there is no loss in low end power or mpg. Join us.....we need 2 more!
While I will use a PCV on request. I actually prefer the Lloydz VFC3 for this build. Here is a dyno run on my own bike with D&D mufflers, VM1 cams, Performance filter, and sound strip removed

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Would love to do this but I'm going to have to pass. To far to travel for me right now.
Thanks for extending the offer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What would it cost if i already have the VFC3?

I would love to meetup with you guys.....but money money....can we setup a payment plan LOL!!!!

cheers!!1

·
Registered
356 Posts
Excuse me if this is a lame question, but what is the average MPG with the cams and controller? I would love more power but not crazy about reducing the cruise range for long trips.

·
Registered
336 Posts
When are you looking to do this? I already have a PCV and AT, so I assume I could also knock off a couple hundred dollars? My bike is actually set up the same as the one in the dyno run with the exception of the cams and fuel controller.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Excuse me if this is a lame question, but what is the average MPG with the cams and controller? I would love more power but not crazy about reducing the cruise range for long trips.
Most people find the same or better MPG. Myself...I get 42 with my wife on the back, and 38 by myself.....Then again I ride like an idiot when alone

·
Registered
186 Posts
When are you looking to do this? I already have a PCV and AT, so I assume I could also knock off a couple hundred dollars? My bike is actually set up the same as the one in the dyno run with the exception of the cams and fuel controller.
On "another forum" it seems the plan might be for early November. We have 2 bikes at this point with 3 others in various stages of maybe. We need 4 and if you commit, one of the others might jump in before its too late.......

·
Registered
355 Posts
i know its an old thread but how long does it take to do cams on a cross bike? and does the engine come out or stay in?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts