Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a XC so I want to turn up the heat a bit on my 07 Hammer. Currently I have a pc3, Vic Stage 3 cams, ness air box and Cycle ops Talon pipes. Loydz tuned the bike back in in 2008 it made 93Hp and 101Tq, I know the open pipes hurt the tq.

Was looking at getting some vm1 and tq tubes, but have some research I have not found any feedback on 100" stock compression with vm1. On Loydz site all the dyno graphs show with the vm1 with added compression.

Thoughts recommendations?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New to the Victory forums, but have been a member of the *** for years. The Hammer was totalled back in 08 when a SUV decided to run over me and the bike. Rebuilt it into my vision after I bought from the insurance company.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wreck pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Bought a XC so I want to turn up the heat a bit on my 07 Hammer. Currently I have a pc3, Vic Stage 3 cams, ness air box and Cycle ops Talon pipes. Loydz tuned the bike back in in 2008 it made 93Hp and 101Tq, I know the open pipes hurt the tq.

Was looking at getting some vm1 and tq tubes, but have some research I have not found any feedback on 100" stock compression with vm1. On Loydz site all the dyno graphs show with the vm1 with added compression.

Thoughts recommendations?
TUFF looking Hammer!
I found a good boost in HP and TQ with the Ness, then went to Torquetubes picked up a measly 3ft lb and dropped 3 Horse up top! Your current Ness breathes well its just a pain to service over the TTI
Maybe the tubes would give a different result with hot cams, I dunno, but its an expensive experiment.
Looks and ease of servicing them did it for me and dyno figures dont take into account the ram air effect at speed..
Dunno where you can go?? Torquier pipes?
More Cubes? Hotter Cams? All of the above?
Forced or chemical induction maybe.

·
Registered
403 Posts
As you have noticed, there is a reason that Lloyd has no stock 100" motors with VM1 cam graphs. In my personal opinion that is just way too much cam for such a mild motor.

Here is a graph that demonstrates:
The red lines is a 100" Kingpin that we built. 10.2 compression, stock air box, stg3 cams, pc3, STG1 slip-ons. A very basic bike. All the components are Victory, except the power Commander.

The blue lines is another 100" bike. Stock motor except VM1 cams, S&S air box, RPW 2-1 pipe and a VFC. Sounds like a killer combination right? Not so much unless you spin that motor up. The VM1 is too big and KILLS the low-end. Note the 30tq difference between the two bikes at 2800 rpms.

If you ride like a banshee, Saturday night, with your sport bike buddies, then yes, the VM1 cams might be alright. Most guys hate the low-end loss though…..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ryan, that's what I figured. Looks like I may go with a 104 and compression over the winter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts