Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed RPW Slash Pipes, S&S Intake and Lloydz VM1 cams. A VFCIII is on the way.

The cams definetly made the motor rev much more freely and I hit the rev limiter seemingly twice as fast I had before. That being said I didnt notice a huge increase in felt power. Needless to say I want more power, but I dont think Im ready to step up to a big bore or a stroker yet.

Do high compression pistons make that much of a difference? Are the hc pistons stock size so all I would need is a hone or would a slight bore be required?

·
Registered
155 Posts
if you are going to pull the motor down that far you should do a big bore.you can get the hcp in stock size but you will be sick that you did not do the bore.i am telling you from experience that you do not want to pull the motor more than necessary. if you do the extra up grades think about the clutch to.it would be a waist to get it back together then have a slipping clutch.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I'll save some money and get the big bore kit. Install should not be too much worse than cams.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Looks like I'll save some money and get the big bore kit. Install should not be too much worse than cams.
WEEEEEELLLLLLL.......Cams are cake. Motor has to come out to do a top end

·
Registered
155 Posts
the engine is not hard to work on.so the install is not bad.it is all of the other stuff that makes it a pain.i have some pics of mine tore down on my profile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts