Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys? I need some of you guys expertise. I'm thinking of getting a cam put in my 2013 cross country. I was wondering is there anything special I need to do with the setup I have. I have the ness big honkers with the Vic bagger filters and a vcf 3 fuel manager. Also how much more power will I get from a cam and what's the price of it.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You'll need to retune. I can't give you a HP and torque number but I can tell you that you'll feel the difference. If you have some mechanical ability, do the cams yourself. It's not that hard of a job.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need to retune. I can't give you a HP and torque number but I can tell you that you'll feel the difference. If you have some mechanical ability, do the cams yourself. It's not that hard of a job.
lol! I don't have any mechanical skills so I'm gonna have my local dealer do it. Is there a specific one and where would I purchase it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
lol! I don't have any mechanical skills so I'm gonna have my local dealer do it. Is there a specific one and where would I purchase it.
There are a few options but the best bang for the buck is the drop in cams. It doesn't require any clearancing of the carrier, doesn't require springs or head removal. The drop in cams gives you great power and only requires 3hrs of labor. (If your dealer is quoting engine removal, they don't know what they're doing) The part number for the drop in cams is right below in my signature. You can order them right here http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000025

·
13,264 Posts
cpeyton23
with cams you should be in the 100 horse range. You can buy cams from lloydz kevinx Rylan or kyle. The VFC111 might not be good enough for cams so you would want the PCV and you'll need a dyno tune
Not knowing where you like but your should go to one of the four above to get the best job possible

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The VFCIII is good enough for cams, the PCV is a better tuner

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey what's up guys? I need some of you guys expertise. I'm thinking of getting a cam put in my 2013 cross country. I was wondering is there anything special I need to do with the setup I have. I have the ness big honkers with the Vic bagger filters and a vcf 3 fuel manager. Also how much more power will I get from a cam and what's the price of it.
Thanks in advance

Would help to know the area / region you live.
With the money you spent and will spend, contact a Loydz shop. In RI / New England you can contact http://www.kmcpowersports.com he also travels the country doing installs at numerous bike events.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Cams will allow the engine to breathe way out past the stock 5500 rpm rev limit.
You need a means to increase the rev limit to take advantage of the power the cams unleash. If you intend to keep the VFC-III, you can send the ECU to Lloydz for recalibration.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a quote of $1900 for the cams, lloyds timing wheel, and the power commander 5. Do you guys think that's a fair price?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a quote of $1900 for the cams, lloyds timing wheel, and the power commander 5. Do you guys think that's a fair price?
Shoot I gave more than that for a complete wheel package. That seems pretty reasonable to me for the power you will gain. cheers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have just over $1,500 in the performance parts listed in my sig but I did all the work.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts