Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would now like to do a simple light cam job for more giddy up and go but still be good for long dis rides to. which ones and how hard will it be to do so,

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
If you’re familiar with a screwdriver and a wrench, Cam job will probably take you about four hours. That’s what it took us. As for the type, it depends on how you normally ride.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont normally ride to aggressive but do like to spank that ass at times. i dont tottally want to kill the mileage either.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the 504s fore touring. i cant go the maximus but what other tuners would work.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe im wrong but i didnt see as that one was available for my 2012 XC.

·
Registered
266 Posts
what about the 504s fore touring. i cant go the maximus but what other tuners would work.
“Your bike’s Cam Carriers will need to be clearanced to fit this cam, the Rear Cam Carrier’s Exhaust Rocker will also need to be clearanced for cam lift clearance.”

The touring cams are not drop-in. Modification is needed to your cam carriers. Search YouTube and you’ll find two videos showing what needs to be done. You’ll need to find a machine shop that will do it or maybe Lloydz has a swap program but either way you’re looking at more money.

If you want to “slap that ass” every now and then the cams Half-Crazy suggested are what you are looking for.

As far as a fuel controller, since you already have the Lloydz timing wheel the PVC V is your most cost effective option. Used ones pop up here and on the Facebook pages.

Your last issue will be getting a tune. Southern Motorworx in FL is probably your closest option.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
After cams and a tune my gas mileage went up and the power went way up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
BTW, if you decide to go with a Maximus tuner you should talk to @NOEMTZ. He is near Houston.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
according to loyds no carrier mods are needed for he 505 cams.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Correct; the 505's are a 'drop in' cam, whereas the 504s need the carriers clearanced.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i called loyds and they to suggested the 505s with the pipes etc i have now with a set of cam chain,valve cover gaskets and the power comander 5 with a proper tune.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dam to bad the gen 3 controller wont do the job. i guess you have to pay a lil to play a lil.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i called loyds and they to suggested the 505s with the pipes etc i have now with a set of cam chain,valve cover gaskets and the power comander 5 with a proper tune.
When you put in the adjustable timing wheel, did you buy the reusable gasket? If so you do not need the "cam chain" gasket. As far as the valve cover gaskets, you can reuse the existing ones if you want - however they are not terribly expensive.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
When I first installed the timing wheel, I used the OEM gasket. It was good for 4-5 changes to the timing wheel and I probably could have kept on using it. I did end up buying the reusable one tho...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i did buy the extra gasket. i reused the orig and havnt had a leak yet so i still have the extra as a spare.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the guy at loyds said something about the backbone and jacking up the engine. he also said i might need a less restrictive exhaust if i wanted the 504 cams.

·
Registered
266 Posts
the guy at loyds said something about the backbone and jacking up the engine. he also said i might need a less restrictive exhaust if i wanted the 504 cams.

@BBob maintains a site with service manuals and other helpful info. On the site you should grab both the service manual and there are a few cam change write-ups as well. Review those and then decide if it is something you want to do yourself.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/aoq581k2ab25z/Victory_Manuals

From what I understand, the tri-ovals are one of the best exhausts, at least for the 501 and 504 cams.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts