Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first oil change on a new to me cct. I assume the pic is of some sort of reusable filter but I am not familiar with them in any way. Can anyone identify this filter and how to remove it. I prefer Wix.

Thanks, Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Its a K&P, my advice keep it, much much better than a Wix filter these are designed very well and super efficient and easy to clean. I have a PC racing one and i love it.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Standard red wagon, perhaps 1960's or 70's, most likely NOT a Radio Flyer.

What was the question?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
When changing oil.... Remove filter and there is a spring loaded cartridge inside. Push and turn either way and remove for cleaning. Use brake cleaner then rinse and dry.

When re-installing.... make sure the spring goes in 1st then cartridge and twist to lock. The O-ring is reversible if you need to reverse it and use a dab of clean oil on the o ring prior to twisting it back on. Not to tight just snug then a1/4 turn like most filters.

This K&P filter will last the life of your bike. It filters better than throw away filters and flows up to 7 times faster as well. thumb up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Standard red wagon, perhaps 1960's or 70's, most likely NOT a Radio Flyer.

What was the question?
Ha, good eyes. That's an early 80's wooden. If I had the sides up you would have recognized it.

Yep, that was a K&P filter. Cleaned it up and re-installed. The Wix is going back to the store.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts