Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General question for anyone running the Power Commander 5 and an Auto Tune module.

Included is a small CAN Cable that connects from the PCV to the Auto Tune. Inside this cable are single wires, my question is how many wires do you have in your CAN Cable ?

I'm trouble shooting an issue and I think I know what it is and this simple answer will confirm my suspicions.

Thanks Tank 707

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I don't remember how many wires are in mine but I remember that it didn't seem like enough. I could not get the PCV to see the AT. First thought was defective cable. It turned out I did not have the small plug in the unused port. Is this the same trouble your having?

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, this is exactly what I am thinking. Unfortunately DynoJet does not supply much information about the CAN wiring other then plug it in. The CAN cable supplied only has two wires inside it, while all other pictures (as no schematics available) show four wires. As for the CAN termination plug I have this installed.

It almost seems like the cable supplied is definitely the wrong one, maybe something used for testing during manufacturing as it won't even lock in place on either end.

Would really like to know how many wires most people have with a working system to confirm. If you get the time take a peek .... That would be awesome.

Thanks Tank707

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just to note ....
PCV is functioning ...
CAN wire supplied has a white and greed wire inside...
Most pictures I have seen show green , black, red, and white wires...
Vendor states no tech support...just sales
DynoJet has not responded to query...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wanted to save my winter map anyway, so I went out and checked for you. The cable between the PC V and the auto tune module is a two wire cable. One wire is green, the other cable is white. I hope this helps. - Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike that does help ..... So two wires are normal. It doesn't fix my issue but answers my question.

I take it your auto tune is working normally, making adjustments to your tables, and being detected by your computer ok?

Thanks Tank707

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The autotune does not adjust at idle so it will look like it is off, if you give it a little throttle the autotune will adjust and the green light in your software will light up, also did you turn the autotune on in the software? Plus did you plug the little black can plug that is supplied along with the wire harness?

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
The autotune does not adjust at idle so it will look like it is off, if you give it a little throttle the autotune will adjust and the green light in your software will light up, also did you turn the autotune on in the software? Plus did you plug the little black can plug that is supplied along with the wire harness?
Any area of the map that is set to "0" will not allow the Autotune to kick in.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Yep, like StL Mike, mine is two wires also. AT works just as it should. As some have noted in other threads, the latest firmware should be downloaded. This has cured some problems.

Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for checking Bill ..... Two / nothing for two :)

And thanks for all the other tips...... Didn't know about the at idle not showing in system. DynoJet lacks a few details in there install / user guide.

So at the end of the day I do need a new plug as I mentioned earlier it will not lock in to either the auto tune or the PCV. If I push any harder I'm going to brake something. Even tried bending the little tabs out, just falls out. Taping is not a good fix and silicone may cause other issues.

Ordered new plug tonight ..... Should be here in a week........?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Good luck! I hope that is the fix. I am very happy with how mine works.

Bill

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
This is incorrect. The AT unit does indeed adjust at idle, unless you have zero's in those cells.

·
Registered
26 Posts
CAN cable wont lock

I just installed my PCV and Autotune this last weekend. I had the problem with the cable not locking in also. What I found is that the locking tab on both ends of the plug still had a little bit of casting flash in it that needed to be trimmed off to allow the plug to lock correctly. Once that was trimmed off the plug clicked in perfectly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again for the tips guys, I should have my new Loydds Hi-Flow air filter in my paws tomorrow. So while I have the tank and seat off I'll start goofing around with the PCV and Auto tune again. Also have the map switch coming so I'll do it all at once.

Tank707

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
This is incorrect. The AT unit does indeed adjust at idle, unless you have zero's in those cells.
It is correct as the autotune comes with zero's in the 0% column hence the reason why it does not adjust at idle, you need to put in a numerical value for it adjust. Not really incorrect just not worded correct... Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Non of these tip are found on auto tunes awesome two page guide... So thanks to all for your input guys.

I'm sure I'll be back asking a few more question on the subject.

Tank707

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The autotune instructions leave a lot to be desired, they have enough to get it installed but say nothing about how to set it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts