Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Jackpot, mods in Sig. Having the occasional engine light flash at me as well as a stumble off idle. Y'day afternoon it developed a very unstable idle, flashed the light and quit. I turned the switch off and back on, restarted and it was fine. How can I check my codes?

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
what codes mate ?????

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I'm guessing engine codes/diagnostic codes.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I am happy to subscribe and see what truth comes out as i have no idea ????

·
Registered
504 Posts
read your owners manual or get one online and find out how to read your error codes from your speedo display. Then call your VIC dealer and give them the info and they will tell you whats up.

If your speedo doesnt have this capability then you'll have to take it in and have them hook it up to a diagnostic reader.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I meant engine codes, sorry. No,I don't have the fancy newer speedo, Damn.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Suggest you clean. Tighten and grease battery terminals, also theres a temp sender on rear of front cylinder that can have the snap on connector di electric greased.
Actually any connector you can access would probably benefit from disconnection and cleaning and di electric grease before resnapping on.
Plug the bike in at your nearest friendly dealer if possible and all will be revealed.

·
13,242 Posts
2010 Jackpot, mods in Sig. Having the occasional engine light flash at me as well as a stumble off idle. Y'day afternoon it developed a very unstable idle, flashed the light and quit. I turned the switch off and back on, restarted and it was fine. How can I check my codes?
"flashed the light" I don't understand.
Use a wrench and check battery bolts.
Are you blipping the throttle.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have removed and cleaned battery terminals, cable ends etc and reinstalled with dielectric grease. Last week I did find a loose negative cable on the battery, thus the reason for cleaning and tightening cables. I checked them again this eve and they are good and tight. I also checked battery voltage with the bike running at idle and with a light rev. It was consistently 14.39-14.40 & would drop sharply with a blip of throttle but quickly return to 14.4. Also, no check engine light this evening either. One other thing I noticed this eve was that I think I may have a bit of a misfire. I have a stumble through the exhaust on the rear cylinder. I checked the wires and I have spark bleeding through the spark plug wire and arching against the rocker box. Always something I guess.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"flashed the light" I don't understand.
Use a wrench and check battery bolts.
Are you blipping the throttle.
Already done part one, also, yes it will stumble with a blip of the throttle. I'm wondering if some of this doesn't have to do with a bad plug wire. I've contacted Witchdocters about the issue. We'll see what happens I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts