Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 V92C. it has everything on it like a deluxe would but there was no deluxe made in 03. Right? previous owner may have put all this on it? I found one website that shows that there was an 03 deluxe. NADA and KBB do not show a deluxe as a model. Thanks

Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
First off, welcome and you got a good lookin ride there bud!

I could be wrong but as I understood the heritage with the V92C & TC starting in 2002 went to the Freedom V92 from the hammer but same tranny. 2003 they upgraded the tranny too. From 2002 on, you have the Clasic, the TC also the TCD (Deluxe) shortly there after. The TC having hard bags, shield, driving lights and the optional stage 1 level one performance flash and exhaust. I have seen several TC's listed as Deluxe a couple they said were deluxe with leather bags as yours but almost all others had hard bags andplenty of stock Vic chorme front to include the retro paint scheme. However your exhaust is definately the clasic cruiser exhaust. I don't believe the driving lights are stock 03 TC driving lights as they were more round but I don't know what the 02 driving lights looked so maybe 2 styles out there?. 2002-2003 was the evolvment years. Without a clear shot of your driving/signal light bar im a little unsure but again, just a guess I would say stock because if I was adding TS lights I don't think I would add that style to the bike. The seat looks the same stock VIC style with the mustang style seen on the TC so it makes me think you have a custom clasic cruiser that someone maybe ordered.

So my 2 cents, it's a V92CC that had options added to it from VIC. My basis for this is simple, if the owner was into MOD'ing his bike he would have got rid of that stock air box a LONG time ago. Anyone else feel free to chime in on this, it is only my best estimate since the VIN only shows T or C.. hehehe

Here is the VIN ID info to help:

The vehicle identification number (VIN) is stamped into the front of the steering head and also appears on the
certification label. You will need the vehicle identification number to title, register, license or insure the motorcycle,
or to order replacement parts.
*5VPCB16D032000000*
SAE-assigned
World Manufacturing Identifier
Chassis:
C = Classic
T = Touring
Type:
B = Standard
Engine Size:
1 = 1507 cc
Engine HP:
6 = 78-94
Series:
C = Canada
D = Domestic (49 State)
L = California
U = United Kingdom
Check Digit Model Year:
3 = 2003
Plant Code
Serial Number
UK Model Only UK Model Only

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks, That's the website I had found that showed it But I have found nothing else that shows a deluxe was made in 03. the link also doesn't show just black as a color.

I could be wrong but as I understood the heritage with the V92C & TC starting in 2002 went to the Freedom V92 from the hammer but same tranny. 2003 they upgraded the tranny too. From 2002 on, you have the Clasic, the TC also the TCD (Deluxe) shortly there after. The TC having hard bags, shield, driving lights and the optional stage 1 level one performance flash and exhaust. I have seen several TC's listed as Deluxe a couple they said were deluxe with leather bags as yours but almost all others had hard bags andplenty of stock Vic chorme front to include the retro paint scheme. However your exhaust is definately the clasic cruiser exhaust. I don't believe the driving lights are stock 03 TC driving lights as they were more round but I don't know what the 02 driving lights looked so maybe 2 styles out there?. 2002-2003 was the evolvment years. Without a clear shot of your driving/signal light bar im a little unsure but again, just a guess I would say stock because if I was adding TS lights I don't think I would add that style to the bike. The seat looks the same stock VIC style with the mustang style seen on the TC so it makes me think you have a custom clasic cruiser that someone maybe ordered.

So my 2 cents, it's a V92CC that had options added to it from VIC. My basis for this is simple, if the owner was into MOD'ing his bike he would have got rid of that stock air box a LONG time ago. Anyone else feel free to chime in on this, it is only my best estimate since the VIN only shows T or C.. hehehe

Here is the VIN ID info to help:

The vehicle identification number (VIN) is stamped into the front of the steering head and also appears on the
certification label. You will need the vehicle identification number to title, register, license or insure the motorcycle,
or to order replacement parts.
*5VPCB16D032000000*
SAE-assigned
World Manufacturing Identifier
Chassis:
C = Classic
T = Touring
Type:
B = Standard
Engine Size:
1 = 1507 cc
Engine HP:
6 = 78-94
Series:
C = Canada
D = Domestic (49 State)
L = California
U = United Kingdom
Check Digit Model Year:
3 = 2003
Plant Code
Serial Number
UK Model Only UK Model Only
Thanks Tim, your spot on based on what I have found. I will get a pic of the passing lights on here when when I get a chance. the vin does have "c" indicating its a classic and I also put the Vin into Polaris's site and it says the bike is a classic.

My guess is that its a 2003 Victory V92TC Touring Cruiser but it might be a 2003 Victory V92C Classic Cruiser that had a windscreen and bags added.
The vin says its a classic but it also would have had the seat and passing lights added to it. I bought the Bike not really knowing what it was then when I started looking into it I was like this makes no sense to me.

The only info I can find that shows a deluxe was made in 03 is the same link that Half_Crazy posted above. And like Tim said the previous owner may have custom ordered it or he modded it into a deluxe on his own unless Victory snuck a couple deluxe's out the back door and didn't advertise it much. If I was going to mod it I would have made it my own not make it look like an older model, not that there is anything wrong with that. It has me curious and I have been searching for the answer. Guess I am gonna have to try and track down the original owner as he bought it new, at least that's what dealer said he did.

Rav

·
Registered
851 Posts
The Victory Repair Manual says otherwise. Personally I'd trust the repair manual more than Power Sports Networks website. But that just me.

Models Covered:
2002 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2002 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser Deluxe
2002 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
2002 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2003 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2003 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
2004 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2004 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I was just running through the owners manual and it notes of a Clasic Cruiser with a Touring Package and the weight of the touring package is 33 pounds... Hmmm, sounds like close to what the saddlebags, rack and lights might weigh... It does NOT refer to it as a deluxe though.

Example 2: Classic Cruiser with Touring package and cargo
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 1150 lbs (522 kg)
Item Weight
Classic Cruiser - with full capacity of all fluids 675 lbs (306 kg)
Weight of Touring package 33 lbs (15 kg)
Cargo - optional saddlebags at capacity 14 lbs (6 kg)
Operator - with recommended riding apparel 220 lbs (100 kg)
Passenger - with recommended riding apparel 155 lbs (70 kg)
Total Weight 1097 lbs (498 kg)
NOTE: The weight of any options (in this example the total weight of the Touring package) must be added to the
base weight of the Classic Cruiser. NEVER exceed GVWR. If you have any questions regarding safe loading of
your Victory motorcyle, please consult an authorized Victory dealer.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Page 28 shows a classic cruiser with "OPTIONS" which have your saddlebags and seat. Man, these owners manuals are interesting and have all kinds of cool stuff in them about our bikes... LMAO

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
No thanks, I'd rather trust the official Victory website and repair manual.
He already stated that his VIN shows a 'C' not a 'T' so his bike is the Classic not the Tour Cruiser. I posted pictures that clearly illustrate the differences between the two models and he posted a picture of his bike, which is obviously not a TC.

Thanks for playing though.
I'll let that go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was just running through the owners manual and it notes of a Clasic Cruiser with a Touring Package and the weight of the touring package is 33 pounds... Hmmm, sounds like close to what the saddlebags, rack and lights might weigh... It does NOT refer to it as a deluxe though.

Example 2: Classic Cruiser with Touring package and cargo
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 1150 lbs (522 kg)
Item Weight
Classic Cruiser - with full capacity of all fluids 675 lbs (306 kg)
Weight of Touring package 33 lbs (15 kg)
Cargo - optional saddlebags at capacity 14 lbs (6 kg)
Operator - with recommended riding apparel 220 lbs (100 kg)
Passenger - with recommended riding apparel 155 lbs (70 kg)
Total Weight 1097 lbs (498 kg)
NOTE: The weight of any options (in this example the total weight of the Touring package) must be added to the
base weight of the Classic Cruiser. NEVER exceed GVWR. If you have any questions regarding safe loading of
your Victory motorcyle, please consult an authorized Victory dealer.
Page 28 shows a classic cruiser with "OPTIONS" which have your saddlebags and seat. Man, these owners manuals are interesting and have all kinds of cool stuff in them about our bikes... LMAO
Thanks Tim for putting the time into this for me. Looks like I'm gonna have to sit down and read my owners manual so i can learn it also. lol

See my post below for what I got when I put the Vin into the Vin checker on Victory's site. There is a "F/O" added to the model description, maybe that is for the added touring package. You have supplied enough info to pretty much convince me of that.

see my post below for the pic of the passing lights that I can't add as a file when editing

Thanks again,
Rav

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Victory Repair Manual says otherwise. Personally I'd trust the repair manual more than Power Sports Networks website. But that just me.

Models Covered:
2002 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2002 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser Deluxe
2002 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
2002 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2003 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2003 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
2004 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2004 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
Trust this... The Tour Cruiser (TC) had HARD BAGS, no leather... you will also notice other differences like the DUAL EXHAUST (one out each side)... the OP's bike is definitely not a TC.

Tour Cruiser:

V-92C Deluxe:
No thanks, I'd rather trust the official Victory website and repair manual. Thanks for playing though.
He already stated that his VIN shows a 'C' not a 'T' so his bike is the Classic not the Tour Cruiser. I posted pictures that clearly illustrate the differences between the two models and he posted a picture of his bike, which is obviously not a TC.

I'll let that go.
After reading all of this I'm gonna chime in. I have to agree with what half_crazy has posted. In my short time owning a V92 I have learned the difference between the classic and the touring cruiser and he is spot on, one thing I will also ad is that the touring has dual front discs and my bike has a single disc.

This is what I got for model info when I put the VIN into Victory's site using the Vin Checker:

Vehicle Identification Number 5vpcd16d333*****
Model Year 2003
Model Number V03C116
Model Description 2003 STD CRUISER,F/O
Engine Serial Number 0000000001872
Purchased Date 06/30/2003
Warranty End Date 06/30/2004
Extended Warranty N
Dealer Name CONRAD'S SALES & SERVICE

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Tim, here is a pic of the lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tim, here is a pic of the lights.
Well thats interesting. I would have thought they would have used the same driving/signal light kit as the TC (the shield is the same) and that is clearly not the 03/04 TC's light bar so it goes along with the more pointed look of the back of the driving lights. Enjoying the thread as I have always like the Cruisers but havent seen too many with some the "options" on it. I love my TC, having a hard time convincing myself to sell it due to the amount of riding I do on the Vision. I feel she is getting neglected and it is such a wonderful bike it deserves to be on the road! Road it every day since you started this thread.. lol...

When you check out that air filter if it is the paper one I have a K&N for the stock box your welcome to if your interested. Cover the shipping and its yours.

Safe ridin bud! Tim

·
Registered
851 Posts
After reading all of this I'm gonna chime in. I have to agree with what half_crazy has posted. In my short time owning a V92 I have learned the difference between the classic and the touring cruiser and he is spot on, one thing I will also ad is that the touring has dual front discs and my bike has a single disc.
While I agree that it's not a Touring Cruiser, I also disagree that its a Deluxe. Every official Victory website and their VIN checker says its a Classic, NOT a Deluxe ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While I agree that it's not a Touring Cruiser, I also disagree that its a Deluxe. Every official Victory website and their VIN checker says its a Classic, NOT a Deluxe ;)
Alright now if you were to re-read my first post I mention that I found one link that showed a tour deluxe was made in 03 and that is the one that Half_Crazy linked in his first post. Then if you re-read post #6 I said that that is the link I was referring to in my original post but I cannot find any info to back that up. because there is none. that is why I started this thread.

Now I do not know if you read my whole post above beings that you only quoted part of it but it shows that I posted the info from Victory's VIN checker so I am aware that it is a classic.

Lastly if you re-read Tims_04V92TC's post #8 he stated that he found in the owners manual that the classic cruiser was available with a touring package. it appears that that might be what I have. The model description in the VIN checker has F/0 after it says STD Cruiser so that might be for the touring package. I am going to ask the dealer when I go there again and I'll post what it is here when/if I find out.

I am not trying to argue about this, I was just looking for some info and the two of you were going back and forth in my thread so I chimed in.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Alright now if you were to re-read my first post I mention that I found one link that showed a tour deluxe was made in 03 and that is the one that Half_Crazy linked in his first post. Then if you re-read post #6 I said that that is the link I was referring to in my original post but I cannot find any info to back that up. because there is none. that is why I started this thread.

Now I do not know if you read my whole post above beings that you only quoted part of it but it shows that I posted the info from Victory's VIN checker so I am aware that it is a classic.

Lastly if you re-read Tims_04V92TC's post #8 he stated that he found in the owners manual that the classic cruiser was available with a touring package. it appears that that might be what I have. The model description in the VIN checker has F/0 after it says STD Cruiser so that might be for the touring package. I am going to ask the dealer when I go there again and I'll post what it is here when/if I find out.

I am not trying to argue about this, I was just looking for some info and the two of you were going back and forth in my thread so I chimed in.
Not trying to argue either. My only point is that official Victory sites state that the Deluxe was not available in '03 so it can't be a deluxe. I didn't know that the Tourer only came in hard bags but knowing that the only two trims available in '03 was the Tourer and the Classic I offered that it might be either a Tourer or a Classic with leather bags. Although the site that Half_Crazy cited stated that the Deluxe was available in '03 it is the ONLY place that says that (including Victory, NADA and KBB). Therefore I am 100% convinced that it's not a Deluxe ;)

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
I didn't know that the Tourer only came in hard bags
Thank you for playing :D and we have some lovely parting gifts for ya! ;)

Although the site stated that the Deluxe was available in '03 it is the ONLY place that says that (including Victory, NADA and KBB). Therefore I am 100% convinced that it's not a Deluxe
It is now... because someone added the 'deluxe' package to it. It might not have been done at the factory, but it WAS done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts