Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or a k&n. 2010 cross country
Here in Canada parts available suck...Amazon got one for over 300$. Wtf???
And why is it when I search here for " airfilter part number" I get a bunch of crap....those who say " use the search function". Have you every really tried to use it? Lolol

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Do be aware that getting one of those will likely also require a fuel controller and a tune. (the lloydz filter, that is)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just want stock or equivalent. Plus that loyds filter will be a arm and a leg and maybe a testicle once it's here in Canada with exchange and shipping.. I don't want a 100$ filter lol.
So is there a fram part number or equivalent?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
maybe PL-1608 K&N Replacement Air Filter

though they don't specifically mention the cast-frame bikes like the cross country in the applications list (they do mention the steel-frame bikes with the same engine).

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
The Victory part number is 7081648 (found it in their parts hunter )

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
You'd need a stage1 download (which local dealer will likely do for free) and O2 sensors disconnected, which you can do in 5 minutes without any tools if you don't have any other upgrades. If you do have aftermarket pipes, you're doing the bike an injustice by limiting its air intake. But, I get it, you just want the cheapest air filter, the heck with buying one filter that will last. Unfortunately there's no competition to the stock filter - Fram doesn't make one. K&N doesn't make one.

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
maybe PL-1608 K&N Replacement Air Filter

though they don't specifically mention the cast-frame bikes like the cross country in the applications list (they do mention the steel-frame bikes with the same engine).
Different form factor - the steel frame bikes air filters do not fit the cast-frame bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ughhhh...guys I'm in Canada. I guess I'm **** outta luck...guess I have to hunt for a dealer here that will carry it... Shipping from the US with eBay is slooow and I hate eBay... What a pain I. The. Ass this filter replacement is.... Everyone want me to get this or that... I just want cheep and local...I don't care if I ha e to change it 3 times in one. Year... You guys mean to tell me that with the popularity of our bikes there is no replacement filter for this other than factory ?? ( Not including all these " performance" filters that requires flashes or pipes and all the whoohoo ha.... Wow! Lol

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ughhhh...guys I'm in Canada. I guess I'm **** outta luck...guess I have to hunt for a dealer here that will carry it... Shipping from the US with eBay is slooow and I hate eBay... What a pain I. The. Ass this filter replacement is.... Everyone want me to get this or that... I just want cheep and local...I don't care if I ha e to change it 3 times in one. Year... You guys mean to tell me that with the popularity of our bikes there is no replacement filter for this other than factory ?? ( Not including all these " performance" filters that requires flashes or pipes and all the whoohoo ha.... Wow! Lol
Hey Basstoy,

I am in Ontario, the high performance filter that is washable is gone....none to be had on the planet...my victory dealer in Barrie has the regular air filters...I am fortunate I have two of the high performance ones to i just clean and alternate.....it is my understanding the the Lloyds does require the controller, i chose not to go that route.....

Good luck be safe,

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey can you tell me how much your dealer in barrie sells them? And would you sell me one of yours. Hehehe. I'm in Mtl.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey can you tell me how much your dealer in barrie sells them? And would you sell me one of yours. Hehehe. I'm in Mtl.
one of the ones I have is on it's last legs or I would consider letting one go....I just called the dealer and they are only taking phone calls from 10 - 2 so I will call and check on their price for the oem filter.

Stay Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
966 Posts
Local price for the Victory version here is in the $40 range. Ordering from south of the 49th is cheaper if you can add enough to get free shipping or use a drop box service over the border. Alternatively the K&N runs $100 so it would pay for itself in 3 changes.

I do see a filter come up that is close in measurements however it's out of production and special order. That means more $$$$ so stock would be cheaper.

·
Registered
694 Posts
K I called my dealer today and i actually ordered one to have on the shelf...it's $41.80 they have the fuel filters for $125....he said they would have the filter by next week for me.

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts
Local price for the Victory version here is in the $40 range. Ordering from south of the 49th is cheaper if you can add enough to get free shipping or use a drop box service over the border. Alternatively the K&N runs $100 so it would pay for itself in 3 changes.

I do see a filter come up that is close in measurements however it's out of production and special order. That means more $$$$ so stock would be cheaper.
Does the K & N filter fit 2010 cross country? My understanding was there wasn't a K & N filter that fit? I use K & N filters for the oil.

Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes. Anytime you change the balance in the flow of air in or out there should be an adjustment of the fuel that is put into that flow. We can get away without doing that in regards to the air leaving (exhaust) because it's not as critical to performance. Sure there's a bit of an impact that can be negative but unless the entire system is tuned for maximum performance, like in a race car, the impact is low. Incoming tuning makes a much larger difference because you are directly effecting the fuel to air ratio where too rich or too lean can not only cause performance problems but mechanical damage as well.

Just as a PS. In other vehicles I've run the K&N filters which are the same size as OEM and they are not going to pass as much air as a fully modified intake. Re-tuning would be nice if affordable but I personally don't think it's necessary when retaining stock sizes which is close to original air flow.

My 2¢ but I'm no mechanic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts