Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory seems to be the only bike that doesn't run the front turn signals as running lights also.

I want to make them into running and turns and the wireing isn't tough BUT I'm wondering if there will be a conflict with the four way flashers.

Also, I read somewhere that Kury doesn't recommend putting their Run/Turn/Brake controlers on Victorys.

If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out this thread Running lights

seedman used an Eclipze Module from Custom Dynamics.

Sounds like a good idea but I haven't tried it yet myself
Thanks for the information.

I was looking at those. It says they are for LED's only and my 2011 Vegas 8 Ball turn signals have regular single element bulbs. I'm thinking about gutting them and putting in duel contact sockets to recieve a duel element bulb and running a constant power wire.

I'm also thinking about making a donut of LED's with the stock bulb in the center. I think that would be easier. I have to think on it some more.:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you are happy with the incadescent type bulb, just change the sockets out with a twin element socket... no other wire or relay or modulator required. Change the wires at the switch rather than the bulb.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are happy with the incadescent type bulb, just change the sockets out with a twin element socket... no other wire or relay or modulator required. Change the wires at the switch rather than the bulb.
After checking it out.....my idea of a ring of LED's won't work because there is no room for them in the stock signal.

I'm fine with incandescent bulbs. That was the first thing I checked out but it's not just a matter of changing the socket. Victory's socket is plastic and molded as part of the reflective plastic insert of the turn signal with metal strips on the bottom for wire connections and contacts.

I'd have to cut them out and somehow glue the twin element sockets in. Actually, I think I'd prefer doing that rather than getting involved with LED's, but won't I still need a constant power wire to the twin element bulb?

And for LED turn signals, like on my Cross Country, I found LED conversion wireing for running lights for $8 each here.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/show-chrome-accessories-big-bike-parts-led-conversion-harness/part/BBP-13-307

I wonder if any of this will cause a problem with the four way flashers? Victory's wireing is intense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts