Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Stebel air horn in replacement of the stocker... WOW is all I can say. Mounted onto stock mount but chamber are slightly exposed which may reduce volume at speed I would think. None the less, it is loud as crap at 70 and now Im looking for something to honk at..lol...

Tapped a single power feed for the horn from the electrics plug at the bottom of the console and used the common ground from the switch with the power from the switch operating the relay. Did NOT have to detach the horn from the motor however it looked like the fitting came with it so you could move the horn to a seperate spot and just run tubing from the motor.
I know there has been other Stebel threads, just updating that on the Vision it is a SIMPLE 2 hour install taking your time and undoubtedly improves awareness to other drivers... Especially at speed!

Im sure the Wolo Bad Boy would be just as good at 39.99. My TC is going to be the test bed for that one..

Tim

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you can post a Pic of exactly where you installed it; that would be most helpful. I've been using Stebel horns on almost all of my motorcycles; but the Vision is proving to be a little difficult on exactly where and how to mount it. I do want to keep it as vertical as possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stebel mounting

Agree with the comment that a Pic of it installed would be great, if possible. I have a Stebel on my KLR, but it looked to tight to install on the VV. Did you end up splitting the two parts and mounting separately.
After a near miss last year, I swore I'd have this running before this riding season, and haven't done it yet. It's DEFINITELY worth the cost & effort from a SAFETY standpoint.

I laughed at the comment "I'm looking for someone to honk at" since that's EXACTLY how I felt when i did my KLR, which I ride a LOT in the city.
First time I blew it, the cager who was coming into my lane without even looking (I could see her face in her mirror) just about swerved off the road in the other direction. Think she thought I was a train or something, LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you can post a Pic of exactly where you installed it; that would be most helpful. I've been using Stebel horns on almost all of my motorcycles; but the Vision is proving to be a little difficult on exactly where and how to mount it. I do want to keep it as vertical as possible.
Here's how I mounted the Stebel in 2010.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thomas, thanks for the pics and the other instructions. I need to get this done before riding starts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thomas, thanks for the pics and the other instructions. I need to get this done before riding starts.
Your welcome! I remember it was a pain :mad: taking the front trim pieces off and the side panel fairing. I too like to get the work done before the riding starts here in Wisconsin.

·
13,247 Posts
This really makes me mad.
Now I read about more guys adding a louder horn and now I'm starting to think of adding one.
What makes me mad is maybe I use my horn once a year. Have never been a big horn honker over the years of ridding.
But I guess to fit in I better start looking cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This really makes me mad.
Now I read about more guys adding a louder horn and now I'm starting to think of adding one.
What makes me mad is maybe I use my horn once a year. Have never been a big horn honker over the years of ridding.
But I guess to fit in I better start looking cheers
How did I miss this post VJ and a chance to reply to this???
I by no means toot my horn everywhere i go BUT when I do toot, I toot a Stebel. LMAO!

Anyway, over your years of riding I believe the drivers have gotten worse where your at as well as here. When I hit the horn with some idiot texting into my lane, I don't want something like my old XL125 had on it as a kid, I wanted something that has some attention getting power ESPECIALLY with the amount of distractions in the operators seats there seems to be today from phones, radio, gadgets and more.

So, anyway, I didnt revive this just to bust your spokes but to post an update on the Stebel in comparison to the Banshee. Yesterday I had a riding buddy bring his vision over and we were going to install his screaming banshee and right off the bat we both said "Their the same" then we started noticing small body differneces, etc. In the end they both did sound the same EXCEPT what caught my eye was his RELAY. A fused, sealed unit (wish I took a pic) that is obviously built to withstand weather and shock. Very impressive. That being said, I went to toot mine yesterday and NOTHING. Want to guess what I trouble shot it down to? Yup, the cheap ass relay included with the stebel. Im not sure what the WoLo has in it but I do know its 20 bucks less than stebel and that would have paid for the new relay... lmao!
The banshee sounds just like the stebel and has the option for 4 toot configurations with your light flashing AND keeping your original horn inline also if you like so that you would get a .15 second original horn toot then the banshee kicks in. Overall I was really impressed with the Banshee and its relay as well as wiring options.

Just thought I would post an update to my previous post.

Safe ridin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts