Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if there's a snowball's chance in hell to get a 2011 CC in crimson? All they had to do was paint a bunch of fairings crimson and there you go. I'm not sure who to ask, maybe my dealer or send an email to Victory/Polaris?

If not, I might have a second look at the three available colours again, my dealer has one of each of these bikes on display. I think that if push came to shove, I'd settle for the blue metallic but it's not as nice as crimson or midnight cherry IMHO.

The black is the cheapest and looks nice but I've never owned a black bike and have heard a lot of complaints about swirl marks, etc... Isn't there a way to deal with this? Maybe just bring a swifter duster and polishing cloth?

While I really like the Cross Roads, the Cross Country might be even better for me but I'm not totally wild about the colour choices for 2011. While they're not bad colours, I'm surprised that Victory didn't offer the CC in crimson this year, like they did in 2010 by offering the CC in midnight cherry.

·
Registered
528 Posts
rking35209
Your welcome
Need any information on the other let me know, been doing this for a lot of years.
I wanted a crimson red to go with my Goldwing but I like the blue to.

Black and chrome is 1 of the best looking bikes out there but is a pita to keep clean and of course 1 of the slowest colors. Dirt/grime/oil/dust just sticks to it and slows it down. :ltr:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I was wondering if there's a snowball's chance in hell to get a 2011 CC in crimson?
Why not a killer deal on a 2010 XC? If there is such a leftover.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Why not a killer deal on a 2010 XC? If there is such a leftover.
There probably is CR but why would anyone want one over the 2011's now that the new trans and other engine upgrades have been done. Well; let me rephrase that. If I could buy a new, off the showroom floor, 2010 XC for $5k less than it went for in 2010 like I did with my first Vic (09 JP) then I can see it as a worthy investment.

So you might just be on the money, so to speak, on this one but it may not be until the 2012's come out this Summer. And the cycle continues ...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
There probably is CR but why would anyone want one over the 2011's now that the new trans and other engine upgrades have been done.
Depends how bad he wants a red one. If you're flexible about color, you get your way with the year. Or flexible on the year, then you get your way with the color.

If all else fails, there's always a good way to invest $2-3k into a one of a kind paint job. ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
If your a die hard for the crimson for about $1,500 a good painter can make it any color you want.

You only have 8 pieces to paint on a XC and 7 on a XR.
outer fairing, tank, 2 side covers, front/rear fender and 2 saddle bags.

Just a thought

dd

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is the first black bike I've had. What I notice most is the dust. I bought a short handled "dash" duster that I carry in my bags. It seems to do the job. I found it at an OReilly Auto Parts store but I have also seen it at Wallmart.

Dixie

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes, black is always dirty. I wish the XR came in white, but I'll live with black. I'm flexible on color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts