Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 19th will be the day for all clubs groups and meet up groups to set the rides for this International Event. This will be the 4th annual ride so gear up and let others know we are on the road.
Should you be wondering whats this event is about go to the Phoneix Motorcycle Riding Group site and you can made your own judgement on this important event. Hope all will take this up as a annual event in your area.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
How about a little context Single feather. What is it all about? I am a rider, nobody local to me doubts that, but what is the ride all about on that day, May 19?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not much for placing things on print so thats why I refured everyone to the Phoenix site however in short.
I believe it was 4 riders that were mowed down while stopped by someone who said he didnt see them. It was due to this that the group came up with the Can You See Me Now Ride wearing flo green or orange shirts. They ride threw towns alerting others that motercycles are on the road and to watch out for them. It also horners the downded riders who had passed on and other fallen riders.
This took off and went across the US and then International.
This is set for all motercycles riders in hopes that there clubs groups and meetup group will follow in hornering the fallen and to help make others aware we are on the road and to watch for us.
Please take time and go to there site for more imfo. and pictures of these events. Thanks

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I always wear a high viz green vest over my CE armored jacket, Kevlar lined pants with CE knee protection, 11" boots and full helmet...doesn't everyone? Gotta preserve those years ahead of us. If you have half a head, wear half a helmet. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I always wear a high viz green vest over my CE armored jacket, Kevlar lined pants with CE knee protection, 11" boots and full helmet...doesn't everyone? Gotta preserve those years ahead of us. If you have half a head, wear half a helmet. :)
Unfortunately us ATGATT riders are few and far between. I have had several of the riders in my group start wearing Hi-Viz jackets this past year which is encouraging. After watching my wife go end over end at 55 MPH and walking away without any skin missing made a believer out of me. Granted she was sore as hell for a while but no hospital visit. cheers

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Larry, Sorry to read of your wife's go-down, but glad she had the smarts to prepare for it. I like the moto, Don't dress for the ride, dress for the crash. That paid off for me too - just got scrapes and bruises. There's a sickening video, taken on the Dragon, of a couple on a Harley Ultra. They are clad in shorts, tank tops and shorty helmets. The Harley can't handle a right hander and does a low side, spilling its human contents over the pavement. I'll wager there were skin grafts in their near future. No fixin' stupid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts