Registered
1,008 Posts
I don't believe so
But I could be wrong

Reactions: Tabittytabtab

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is a Freedom. The cooling fins on the older Hammer engines had a more square and "blocky" shape.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Freedom.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking at a 2002 V92C.
I just got one today.
It is kind of a project though.
If yours is a 2002 then, it is a 5 speed.

The bike I got today has some electrical issues... previous oowner seems to have put in an HID setup (not LED) and now the headlight does not work on high or low, and brakelight and turn signals do not work.

But... it does run strong. Aftermarket pipes are waaaay to loud, but I have some O.E. pipes waiting to be slipped on. You will like the trans. If you remember to kind of preload it by liffting ever so sliightly it shifts quietly and precicisely.

Did ya buy it?

Do you do your own work?
If yes, message me for a 2002 manual.
trytomake bigger.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got one today.
It is kind of a project though.
If yours is a 2002 then, it is a 5 speed.

The bike I got today has some electrical issues... previous oowner seems to have put in an HID setup (not LED) and now the headlight does not work on high or low, and brakelight and turn signals do not work.

But... it does run strong. Aftermarket pipes are waaaay to loud, but I have some O.E. pipes waiting to be slipped on. You will like the trans. If you remember to kind of preload it by liffting ever so sliightly it shifts quietly and precicisely.

Did ya buy it?

Do you do your own work?
If yes, message me for a 2002 manual. View attachment 253064
Oh wow yours looks AWESOME! I can do minor stuff to mine.
Yes I bought it yesterday. We drove to Midlothian, Texas from Tulsa ok , area. Rode it back WHAT A BLAST! I could use a manual. So many things I don't know about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh wow yours looks AWESOME!
Looks aint everything Tabbitytabtab. You got yours and started ridin'. I got mine and gotta putter up on the jack in the driveway! I didd ride it 20 miles or so. I starts and runs and stops good.

first.. the pipes were straight. Earsplitting loud, takes the fun out of cruising. I got some new mufflers ready to put on from a 2001. I will have to maybe fabricate a mount, but... oh please, I like listening to the motor, not having my ear to the exhaust pipe. Anyway, as I start this minor tear-down/major tune up/worn out parts replacement, I know that so far I need some parts: 1. speedometer speed sensor. 2. tires. 3. Leather conditioner and cleaner. 4. Electrical spray cleaner 5. mufflers (got 'em) 6: and most troubling, I was not expecting non functioning headlight/brake light/turn signals - nor did I know it had the 'non-functioning HID headlight' modification. I am not whining. It is a fun thing to do, hopefully the "fix-'er up" cost will be less than $1,000. I will end up with very roadworthy bike with 33K. That is the dream!

QUESTION: is that little hose going from the bottom rear of the tank with the melted end there at the corner of the ECU... that is a vent, right? It is not attached, the lower end is just flopping. It seems like maybe something happened to cut it and melt the end - NO KIND OF MOD I ever heard of! hahaha. Aftercleaning the back side of this thing, I will take off the tank to validate. But... any advice about this hose is welcome and appreciated. I love learning about these bikes. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks aint everything Tabbitytabtab. You got yours and started ridin'. I got mine and gotta putter up on the jack in the driveway! I didd ride it 20 miles or so. I starts and runs and stops good.

first.. the pipes were straight. Earsplitting loud, takes the fun out of cruising. I got some new mufflers ready to put on from a 2001. I will have to maybe fabricate a mount, but... oh please, I like listening to the motor, not having my ear to the exhaust pipe. Anyway, as I start this minor tear-down/major tune up/worn out parts replacement, I know that so far I need some parts: 1. speedometer speed sensor. 2. tires. 3. Leather conditioner and cleaner. 4. Electrical spray cleaner 5. mufflers (got 'em) 6: and most troubling, I was not expecting non functioning headlight/brake light/turn signals - nor did I know it had the 'non-functioning HID headlight' modification. I am not whining. It is a fun thing to do, hopefully the "fix-'er up" cost will be less than $1,000. I will end up with very roadworthy bike with 33K. That is the dream!

QUESTION: is that little hose going from the bottom rear of the tank with the melted end there at the corner of the ECU... that is a vent, right? It is not attached, the lower end is just flopping. It seems like maybe something happened to cut it and melt the end - NO KIND OF MOD I ever heard of! hahaha. Aftercleaning the back side of this thing, I will take off the tank to validate. But... any advice about this hose is welcome and appreciated. I love learning about these bikes. thanks.
View attachment 253105
I'm new to Vic's😄 I got up close and personal with mine today installing a boss sound system 😄 I don't know about the hose...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts